You are missed

How do I cope?

Personally I assume the best. I think of them out there practicing what we talk about on here and flourishing. On occasion they’re pinged here and hopefully come back just to say hello.

Meanwhile I try to practice the things I’ve learned from them myself.

As others have said, often it’s for their better one way or the other. I’m generally more concerned if I know this is someone’s main source of sober fellowship. (Isolating is a warning sign for my own sobriety.) And sometimes I just miss folks and wonder how they’re doing.

But time moves on and sometimes so do people.

6 Likes

Which reminds me of @Insperation and @beyondmythoughts who were kicking ass and taking names the last we’d heard from them.

2 Likes

Yes, this!!! And the sad fact is that if they fall off the wagon & disappear, we may never hear from them in this lifetime again or ever know what happened. That’s the part I find hardest.

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking about @keoH for a year or so now and hoping he’s doing ok

2 Likes

Still alive, still fighting depression as best as I can. Very sweet of you to think of me

7 Likes

Omg, BRIAN!!! I am stoked to hear from you, I think about you often and have hoped you were doing well. Hugs my dear, don’t be a stranger! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haha I’m alright, just felt this wasn’t the best platform to talk about my struggles when they aren’t what this sites about ^^. It touches me you still remember me after all this time

2 Likes

I sure do! We all fight our own battles here, in many ways they are often very similar even if they are a bit different. We may not have all the answers but come by anytime! We can still still battle together. :heart:

1 Like

I can dm you to explain what I truly meant since it would be an enormous post

1 Like

You can certainly share about those things here my friend

3 Likes

Yeah. I have come and gone several times myself…when I’ve relapsed badly. Which is why I get stressed when other people go.

1 Like

I have a “mommy group” on line. People think I’m bonkers for planning trips around meeting them. Some I’m meeting for the first time after 16 years in just a few weeks. I can’t wait.

2 Likes

Thanks. This is good to hear👍

1 Like

Thanks, this is what I shall try and do :blush:

3 Likes

@LNM, thinking of you and hoping you are well!!

2 Likes

She’s ok, yes?

Yes mate, She’s around. Just busy. She came on the other day somewhere.

2 Likes

:+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:…good, she’s one of the good ones too…

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words. I realize this was a long time ago, but I’m glad people are still thinking of me.

10 Likes

It’s never too late to say hello. Good to see ya

3 Likes