"You got your Mondays back"

My colleague asked me what are the main things I’ve enjoyed about being sober. She said the thing she’s noticed the most is the change on a Monday. I’ve gone from being near to tears most Monday mornings as I was SO hungover every single week and usually paranoid following a weekend memory blank, to someone who actually loves the start of the week and new beginnings, fitness, nice stories from the weekend (not just blackouts!) energy and a clear head. The old me would hide as much as possible on a Monday as I felt so rough and was worried about speaking. It’s crazy how other people notice these things! Who else got their Mondays back? :heart:

24 Likes

I got everyday back. I was like that everyday of the week.

7 Likes

My thoughts exactly. What’s a hangover, I’ve heard of them but apparently you had to start to get sober, no fear of that happening.

2 Likes

This thought, of loving Mondays, is exactly what a great guy in my AA meeting last night said.
Incredible the turnaround that sobriety brings to so many things once hated

6 Likes

I love waking up every day hangover free. :heart:

5 Likes

Willing to share my Mondays with others if they would like an extra helping of Mondays. Lol

4 Likes

I got my Monday’s back!! You literally just described what I felt like EVERY SINGLE MONDAY! So hung over I would have to talk myself through every single action prior to leaving the house. Like, “Katie, you can do this, just get in the shower and you’ll feel so much better.” I was always such a hot mess :woman_facepalming: Monday’s are still not my favorite but everyday I wake up feeling well rested and clear headed is a good day :heart:

5 Likes

mondays are so much better as a sober person!! :heart:

2 Likes

That is so true! And such an interesting perspective.
So weird…I’ve started to really appreciate the really mundane and ‘normal’ things like putting more effort into cleaning the flat for instance.
I’m 8 week’s sober tomorrow and I hope I always hold on to this feeling of comfort and happiness from being sober. I guess it’s just remembering how things used to be and comparing them now, it’s an amazing feeling!

3 Likes

Omg yes, the having to talk into the mirror and say “you can do this!!” I completely understand - I did that!! I used to have to sit down in the shower sometimes as I felt so rough, terrible! Then hide my bad skin… eight weeks into being sober it’s almost completely cleared up and I don’t need much make up now :smiley:

4 Likes

You’re posts are so uplifting; you look amazing btw, keep up the great work girl!:blush:

3 Likes

Aww thank you so much for your lovely message, you made my day! <3 you look great! Hope you have a fantastic Tuesday :smiley:

2 Likes

I can’t even begin to count the Mondays spent finding a hiding spot in my old warehouse and taking naps, just to not have to feel that hangover/might puke/cringe feeling. Definitely glad to have those days in the past.

2 Likes

I love Monday’s as its my day off work. I used to waist the day by sleeping it away . It’s great to get our lifes back x

1 Like

It’s a great feeling. It’s so much better going to work Monday morning without feeling like you are dying from a hangover

1 Like