You know who is hard to help?

Somebody who answers their own questions… :neutral_face:

15 Likes

Wait wait …
Did you just answer your own question?
:exploding_head:

16 Likes

Always… :joy::joy::joy: But this time it was to prove to myself my own point… :100:

3 Likes

Absolutely… :100: It’s not that I think that I know everything… I just don’t feel like I could possibly ever give enough detail for somebody to really be able to make a clear call on that… Talking to yourself, answering yourself, arguing with yourself and being your own best friend can sometimes cause issues… I also think it’s anxiety, isolation and maybe I’m just so used to picking me back up and handling it all for myself and those in my life that I don’t even know how to accept help… :confused:

2 Likes

As is often said @anon30771928… Sobriety isn’t for those who need it, it is for those that want it.

I needed it long before I really wanted it, and that was the final deciding factor in success

8 Likes

I’m sober but sober doesn’t fix mental illness… If I don’t start accepting or getting some kind of help though I’m worried me, myself and whatever other forces are all in there might venture into disaster again… I had a lot more to change and still needs improvement than just putting the dope down… :100:

3 Likes

I hear that!
So much more to sobriety than being sober.
Crack on, champion!

2 Likes

Oh Alf it was you all along. No wonder you didn’t want to show your real face. Did being a puppet childhood star ruin you like so many others.

2 Likes

If I just read the title and your response the word Ego comes to mind.
It is ussualy my ego trying to tell me what would be a great idea.

Are you working a program @SoberVigilant?
The step work made me see myself so differently allready and I am just in the fourth step. Can recommend it so much.

1 Like

No I can’t and won’t blame Alf for that one… :blush::100:

However now I did really feel somewhat safer hugging my Alf stuffy when I’d hide under my bed or in a closet to sleep to avoid being raped and beat when I was in like kindergarten if my Dad was too drunk to find me… Sometimes it actually worked and I thought he protected me when I was little… Until I got about 13 and heard the voice of God… I pretty much knew what was fact and what was fiction right then… :point_up::neutral_face:

2 Likes

(((((Hugs)))))) for you, you’re a big help here…!:kissing_heart:

1 Like

Have you watched Mr robot. its weird and wonderful but the final episode really hit home with me. I didn’t have an Alf I had a sister and we held onto each other for the same reasons, then she left.

2 Likes

Thanks y’all… I decided to put Alf away and try aduliting with this again… The world’s a confusing place… I just gotta be me… :coffee::older_woman::100:

3 Likes

Thank you… :blush:

No and that’s probably craziness or just stupid on my part… I had heard of it though when my little sister started having problems with really hard drug’s and my family was trying to research ways to help her… I isolated myself to my work, my family, my job, my home etc with a copy of the KJV of the Bible… By the time I remembered there was a program like that I was about 580 day’s clean from the drugs I was using for a few months… But I went back and read through the steps and honestly couldn’t believe how much it matched up to the different life lessons from ancient time’s… After that I was led somehow to this app… :blush:

1 Like

Right back at ya Donna… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s terrible Paul… I’m truly sorry man… I have two… One’s doing extremely well… The other is killing herself daily with Heroin and Fentanyl because she can’t mentally stand to live a sober life… I’m the oldest… Sober but psychotic… And no I haven’t seen it but I will look it up… Thank you :coffee: :neutral_face:

1 Like

Thank you Pants… You are no fraud… We all got our demons… :100::100::100:

Sometimes we really just don’t know what to do… I think after being on handfuls of prescribed pills for whatever is wrong with me, all the drinking, using some illegal drug’s and all that the help I might need more than anything is just support from people who have been there or to know that there is people who actually care that people can be so evil and turn a human soul into a shell… If I’m not extremely careful I will self pity myself to death (seen me do it almost)… There are so many children stuck in this world right now that are being tormented and yet I sometimes sit and complain or will have thoughts of hurting myself and leaving because I don’t want to be destructive in anybody’s life or have them to have to live with someone so angry, crazy or sad… For many year’s prior to using them drug’s I really thought I had a handle on life… That I could have more kid’s because it wasn’t stopping me from being a decent mother to my oldest daughter… But somehow while going through some marriage problems I was somehow convinced my entire family would be better off without me… I chose drug’s to try to end it like a coward because I thought I wouldn’t be missed… I figured out after almost dying (really glad now I didn’t) that I have a family that really loves me (I know for sure my kid’s do) and as mixed up as a cookie as I am I’m still what the got for a mother and I HAVE to give my husband and kid’s the best of me that I can possibly somehow be out of all of this… It’s a really hard life sometimes cold turkey… But it’s a real life… :flushed:

1 Like

We are not defined by our past, We are moulded into our future.

1 Like