Your own theme song

Does anyone feel like a specific song would be the theme to your life (currently or at some point)? Please share your songs! Can be fun or serious! I think the song that resonates with me most lately is “The Tragic Truth” by Five Finger Death Punch.

4 Likes
1 Like

Aw this is total energy for me. Dedicated to all the fighters out there. Raise the volume and wait for the chorus. Just wonderful

2 Likes

Funny thing, my whole life, everyone said this is my theme song, for years… I didn’t know thicis a song about addiction, he wrote it for Andrew Wood, who died of a heroin overdose days before releasing mother love bones first album

2 Likes

What a great thought and I can’t believe that I have never thought of it. I absolutely love my music, think I’ll have a think. I don’t just want to post anything it’s going to be in relation to me. Wow I love this brilliant :ok_hand:

1 Like

Definitely Luke Bryan again :heart:

2 Likes

This has been my theme song the last year or so

2 Likes

“And in the darkened underpass I thought oh god my chance has come at last,
BUT a strange fear hit me and I just couldn’t ask”
TUNE :v:

2 Likes

Great song, hadn’t heard it before but it really hit me and summed up where I was a year ago when I first started my sobriety journey. This was very much my outlook, that my whole life pain and I just wanted escape, “Are we born to be broken?”

The good news is that after a year+ of sobriety and working my recovery I’ve learned to let go of some things, come to terms with other, and reach a better place where I’m less broken, less angry, less hurt.

I’ve added this to my playlist as you’re right, it really resonates. For me it is a reminder of where once was. I’ll give some thought to what could be a theme song to where I am today.

2 Likes

Love FFDP. “A little bit off” was a theme song of mine on more than a few instances.
Although I always could picture myself in the video of “Bittersweet Symphony” by the Verve. I would love to just walk down a street full of people and not G.A.F. who I ram right into. :smirk:

2 Likes

Good choice Richard Ashcroft, I’m waiting for THE DRUGS DONT WORK to pop up from the verve :v:

2 Likes

I have to post two.

This one nailed me down during a major crisis back in 2011. I absolutely love the dialogue in the lyrics. I keep asking that question over and over as life rages around me.

This one is in my mother tongue but I’ve provided English translation below. After having tried to cope so many years under my own steam I just couldn’t any longer. Even as failure I’m “Beloved” which is the song title as well.

Immortal man needs no jacket, a scythe could not cut me, the untouchable
I bore it all and even more while many others languished
I was certain I control the tide until it turned on me
I could endure everything, everything but the shame
I left behind city lights and winnig
I drove here all night, swam in a freezing lake
Fell onto a bed utterly exhausted
I’m sinking through a dream, someone left a feather in the room
As if from a distance, I heard a whisper:

Don’t be afraid, don’t be afraid
You will not be dropped
”Beloved” is your true name
And your name it shall forever be

An open window lets in smell of the earth
Stars glitter so bright on the lake for a moment
Now that everything’s been stripped away I’m oddly pleased
A useless man needs nothing
I’m floating and sinking, I saw a White Stone in my dream
Curtains swaying in the wind and your voice, I hear it clearly now:

Don’t be afraid, don’t be afraid
You will not be dropped
”Beloved” is your true name
And your name it shall forever be

2 Likes

Pretty much sums it up.:woman_shrugging:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Welcome to the jungle, my life has been a jungle for a while and I’m kind of used to it now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hey guys it’s been awhile. Praying for all of you. Mostly I’m climbing back on that battle tank. Thankfully this time I’m more optimistic. Share the song that reminds you of your lowest point…remind yourself how bad it was. Because NOW you are NOT going back.

Low time in my life

Most motivating song

2 Likes

“Just keep on moving… Never look back… Forget the past”

1 Like

Be blessed​:pray::wink:

Glass house by mgk

1 Like

Rough times :notes:.

You got this :notes:.

2 Likes