3 days sober and taking it 1 day at a time

My name is Jason and I am 3 days into my Soberity … Alcohol is my Demon… And has been for 30 yrs I have tried many times to quit by myself with no success… But now I am listening to others stories, and sharing mine also.

12 Likes

Welcome @Draggon. This is a great place to get support and help others.

1 Like

Welcome @Draggon! This forum is an awesome place to talk and get support/feedback. :blush:

Thanks… It’s nice to be able to find a place where people know what u r going through.

2 Likes

This forum has saved me more than once Welcome!

1 Like

AA and working the steps with my sponsor is my saving grace!! I have almost 6 months and you are correct!! One day at a time… A person with 20 years is just as close to that next drink as one with a few days or months. Good luck on this journey😊

2 Likes

You can do anything I’d you want to do it

Me to you sound like me be strong and positive you can do it!

you can do it! Take it one second at a time if you have to.

1 Like

Hi jason im on my 2day sober.i also tried many times with no luck. But after downloading this app and reading other people’s stories i thnk it will help me more. I wish u the best in ur goal in being sober. My name is pelon

Welcome and way to go! I recently joined too, am on day 5. The one day at a time deal is very powerful. One minute at a time when the going is really rough!

1 Like

Welcome Jason. Sharing is so healing. I think as addicts we feel unheard. I’ve been trying to get sober for 25 years myself. It’s definitely a demon. It goes down like a friend and comes back at you like a demon. Thanks for calling it that. We’re here for you man. Congrats on your new beginning!

2 Likes

Another day gained is better than another day one

1 Like

That’s what I keep telling myself. I’m not yet 3 days but. I’m getting there.

1 Like

Hi @Draggon and welcome to the forum. :wave:

If you have committed to stopping, it is the most important decision of your life. :rainbow: Start with all the support you can get - this forum, AA or other meetings, an outpatient/inpatient program, reading and videos. There is so much out there! But it has to come from within you - as you already know it will not be easy.

Here is a useful thread on getting through early recovery:

(Surviving Alcohol Withdrawal/Early Sobriety Techniques)

1 Like

I’m going on day for like you 30 years and listening to other stories helps we can do it!

Welcome, I’m on Day 6, feels like the longest week of my life! Tonight is my first Sat night going to a big event and having to stay strong. :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2: