Anyone else in a sober living house?!

So about 11 months ago I found out about this house. I was very cautious and weary about what actually went on in these houses. In my experience, this was the next best move to carry on a sober lifestyle. Being by myself or with others who drank and used would have been the death of me, I’m curious as to anyone else in a similar situation? Anyone who’s tried it? I owe a huge part of my sobriety to the fellowship of sober living , AA and NA.

Then I have the million dollar question of when a good time to get back in my own place. I’m in no rush. No time limits. But don’t see myself being here another 11 months if that makes sense. I guess I’ll know when I know :grin:

2 Likes

I live in supportive living so it’s basically the same. Sounds like our paths are pretty similar.

2 Likes

It’s crazy man. Never thought I’d be where I’m at but here I am. U live with roommates?

Not at the moment. Almost all the rooms are singles, except for my room and one other. Hopefully they don’t fill it anytime soon. I would like some privacy when Kay comes to visit.

This explains who Kay is if you have an hour to kill.

Continuing the discussion from The Real Derek of Syracuse:

I feel ya on that man. I just recently got a roomie. Kinda hard to bring someone home when it’s that case. But, one less addict off the street i suppose. That’s another reason I’d like to get my own place. Absolutely

Most of the people who come in through this program end up in a halfway house. I probably won’t be here much longer now that I’m working bc I’m losing my housing assistance. If I’m going to pay to live somewhere I’m getting my own place haha