Avoiding relapse

I have a question. I have been thinking about my evening tonight and drinking has crossed my mind but I am able to quickly move away from the thought. I have read that some of you have a relapse prevention plan. Any ideas on how to create one?

Hi @Movingonward. Here are a few links I posted recently about relapse prevention plans and handling cravings. Don’t get overwhelmed with it, just maybe pick out what looks interesting/useful…

(Different Aspects of Recovery)

(Different Aspects of Recovery)

1 Like

@Movingonward, The best way is to changes if we really want to change, Change the people we hang with WE have to stop hanging with the people you hung with. We can’t have the same old friends, WE used to have. Time to meet new people, that’s why we go to meetings, hang out after with the fellowship, fresh faces fresh ideas. Change places we hang out.We can no longer go hang out in the bars and in the clubs with our OLD FRIENDS, hang out on the street same street on the same old corners now. We got to go hang out at the meetings go get cups of coffee. Go to Starbucks. Go to the movies take your family places. Go with your family your new friends go bowling. These kind of places Are just how it has to be if we want to stay sober. And changing things that we do. Things and places sort of go together because if you’re changing your places you changing your things that goes back to bowling, swimming, take an art class. I know that sounds funny but not. Really take a college class. There’s a lot of things you can do. Barnes & Noble go to hangout read a magazine they have coffee shops now… anything to stay away from them bad habits those evil places that the devil runs us too. CUZS remember we can’t be in them places no more . This has helped me and work for me better than anything. I know it may sound like a cliche but it worked. And will work for you if you work it. No pun intended.

2 Likes

Thanks. I will do that for certain.

@Movingonward, I never liked coffee. I drink more now than most people.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I could not be more grateful for this resource. I want to prepare. For the record I came home and played baseball with my son and busted my butt on the treadmill. I feel great right now! Happier then I have been in many years! 9 days sober

2 Likes

So great you are being active!! :runner:

1 Like