Day 1. Trying again

Hi guys, this is day 1 for me. I have tried to quit many times before but just didn’t have the strength to stay away. So I’m trying again and hopefully with the support from you guys I can get out of this hole I’m in. Any advice you may have for someone just starting to be sober would be deeply appreciated. I know I can do this.

2 Likes

I’ve found this place a massive help im sure you will too,welcome and good luck :blush:

1 Like

@Jen_lou thank you for your kind wishes.

1 Like

Had to hit the reset sat 84 days down

1 Like

Focus on today. Not the future.

2 Likes

Trying i spread my self to thin i was wore out and lost track

1 Like

Day one (again) for me too… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

@Sunnyisle2017 I wish you all the best. Stay strong let’s get trough this together :blush:

@Jdonaghy89 welcome! This app has been really helpful for me. I log in every morning to look at the day counter, then I tell myself "I’m not going to have a drink today. " Then, if i want to drink (happy hour invitation comes along, or dinner invitation, or whatever) I just tell myself I’m not drinking TODAY. For me, it’s easier to take it day by day because it’s more manageable than thinking I’ll never ever for the rest of my life have another drink.

1 Like

@Trying thank you for sharing this with me. Like I said it’s not the 1st time I’ve tried to give up it’s just a real difficult thing to do. I’m really glad I found this app and have your support in my journey. I will be following your advise and taking it day by day. Thank you again.

1 Like

Hi @Jdonaghy89 and welcome to the forum. :wave: Congrats on taking the first big step. It’s not about strength or weakness, it’s about changing habits and thinking patterns. You can do this!

Here is a useful thread on getting through early recovery:

(Surviving Alcohol Withdrawal/Early Sobriety Techniques)

And recovery-related resources that members have posted:

(Different Aspects of Recovery)

1 Like

Day 4. I started to quit two days before New years eve. I didn’t get serious about it until a few weeks ago. Relasped three times since. I am learning about myself, my patterns, my thoughts, my inner voice. I have a friend that has gone through the AA program and is sober. My advice…Find someone to talk to. It is not easy to share but necessary. Meet for coffee somewhere and then take a drive together ( you ride). Stay on this site, having community helps. I have not done group, but if I screw up once or twice more I will… Group is my next step. And may be yours.

2 Likes

@lee8632 thanks for the advice. All we can do is take it a day at a time :blush: good luck on your journey, Stay strong my friend.