Day 13 and going strong!

Last night my partner suggested going out for dinner. Literally the first thing I said was “can I have a glass of wine?” :weary: he replied that it was my choice. Driving home from work I thought about what that glass would lead to and how I would feel today, when we got to the restaurant I had a glass of coke and am sooooo glad I made the right choice. I enjoyed my meal, woke up this morning feeling great and am having a lovely day. Yay for good choices :+1::heart::blush:

16 Likes

Well done. I’m in a similar predictiment for Sunday with it being Easter, my family want to go out for a meal to the pub. I’m on day 10, I know once I’m in that environment I’ll want to drink and won’t enjoy the meal so instead I’m going to skip the meal and offer to drop and collect them instead. I don’t think I’m quite ready to be around people drinking without desperately wanting a drink too.

6 Likes

That sounds like a very sensible idea, you’ve got this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::blush:

2 Likes

Congrats on making the right choice this time.

Saying “no” is hard though. Every “no” adds up. They take willpower and willpower is a muscle, if you over use it then it might fail you. Is there anything you can do to try and change your mindset around alcohol from something you desire to something you do not?

4 Likes