Day 2.. Enough is enough

Well,

Another Monday full of anxiety and pain from weekend shenanigans. I yet again have ruined another relationship from alcohol. Im a mother… a hardworker… and a daughter. But, yet i still seem to catch myself at the bottom of the bottle blacked out and no control. I always thought…eh… im not an alcoholic because i only drink once or twice a week…
I have had enough… enough is enough…

Here goes nothing…

8 Likes

@XOXO_marie welcome to the community.

I’m glad you found us, and your ready to put an end to poisoning yourself with alcohol. I was much like you. I would start on a Friday and would basically drink until Saturday night. Most times I could pull the throttle back and do a sober Sunday. There was a few Mondays where I felt less than stellar at work. I only drank twice a week, but when I drank, I drank! I didn’t consider myself an alcoholic, but I did admit I abused alcohol.

Coming to terms with yourself is very important.

Your with a very solid group who take sobriety very serious. We have been where your at. We know the struggles your facing and how to overcome them. It might not be easy, but if your serious I know you can do it!

Check out the research area/tab you can find a lot of useful information.

I personally like information! Book, articles and other’s struggles. I can mentally apply these techniques in my daily life from a mental perspective. Others need a full blown support system.

It’s your personal journey to find out what works best for you. Everyone uses different tools to help them commit.

This is a link that I personally find very helpful: I’ll read this anytime I get an urge or think about drinking. I hope it might help you.

https://www.google.com/amp/m.wikihow.com/Quit-Drinking-without-Alcoholics-Anonymous%3Famp%3D1?client=safari

3 Likes

Yes!! This feeling of shame that follows a drunk is harder to bare than the effects of withdrawal. I think you are making a great choice. Just imagine life without the regret and embarrassment of a drunk night.
The relationships can be healed with positive change. Luckily people are better educated about the disease of addiction, and have tons of resources available at their finger tips.

3 Likes

I know exactly what you mean. I actually got here because of that , I just can’t continue living with that feeling of total embarrassment in my head , I felt I was going crazy. Let’s take it day by day and am sure we will succeed! , we are all here for you and to support each other. Be proud of yourself for making the decision! , much love to you <3

2 Likes

Hi @XOXO_marie and welcome to the forum. :wave: Congrats on taking the first big step.

Here is a useful thread on getting through early recovery:

(Surviving Alcohol Withdrawal/Early Sobriety Techniques)

And recovery-related links that members have posted:

(Different Aspects of Recovery)

1 Like

You guys are all so inspiring and helpful. Thank you!!! The words mean way more than you know

1 Like

My blackouts brought me here too. You are not alone! Welcome!!!

1 Like