Day 50 and i am really stuggling today šŸ™

I have managed to get to day 50 which is fantastic butā€¦i am really finding it hard today :slightly_frowning_face: I want a drink so so bad!!

2 Likes

Keep fighting donā€™t give inā€¦ you are doing amazing to be at day 50ā€¦ think about what has triggered the craving and try to find some other way to get around itā€¦ donā€™t give in :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Please do not give in!!! I relapsed and am back at day 2. Itā€™s not just 1! You will be out for a while. It is so tough to get back to where you are now, I am trying. Please keep strong and donā€™t give in!

3 Likes

How long were you clean before the relapse? Have you found anything that helps with the cravings, urges, and withdraws? I am quitting heroin cold turkey and have been clean for 12 hours, but its starting to get really tough.

3 Likes

I WOULD be at day 46 now but I lost control and had to reset a week ago. I can say first hand that it was horrible. It was nothing like I expected, it was just this bizarre, alien, empty experience, like no matter how much I drank I never felt drunk or happy. Just like a dirty feeling but you canā€™t shower to wash it off. It was not worth losing 40 days over.

5 Likes

I havenā€™t been drinking. My drug of choice is heroin, but its rough! I decided tog et clean last week, and made it 5 days before I relapsed. now I am starting over. Do you have any advice for getting through cravings and withdraw symptoms?

Of course!!! I actually wrote a whole thing about crushing cravingā€™s you can read here :smile: Leighā€™s Guide to Crush Cravings: Part.1 Iā€™m working on part 2 right now. Most of the advice I Imagine works across the board. Heroine withdrawals I donā€™t have a lot of experience with but I do have a supplement thread you can check out to help with recovery via supplementā€™s/vitamins Must Have Supplements For Recovery! best!

1 Like

@Sierra I have never taken drugs but I suppose itā€™s the same as kicking any habit . My advice is to rid your life of anything that is connected to heroin that means friends also. You also need to understand that heroin is no better or worse than any other addiction you are as important as any other person on this world. Last of all understand your triggers and what makes you use, put a plan in place to deal with them . And most importantly love yourself

@Sierra, a lot of people who are trying to get off heroine end up going to detox/rehab to try and kick the habit. There are also synthetic drugs like suboxone that addicts use to ween themselves off. Unfortunately that stuff is also addictive. It sounds like you havenā€™t been using that long and arenā€™t chronic so to speak. Iā€™d bet you can tough out the withdrawal symptoms and fight off the cravings Iā€™m positive you could get clean on your own. If your boyfriend is not on the same program, that could be detrimental. Good luck!

3 Likes

Iā€™ll be joining you on 50 days in just over 3 hours!
Itā€™s not worth throwing all the hard work and shit youā€™ve put yourself through for a couple of hours of guilty gratification and then days of regret.
Come on, letā€™s get to 51!

2 Likes

I think about drinking most of the day, but I donā€™t actually want to drink, if that makes sense.

3 Likes

That is a perfect description. Exactly how I felt when I relapsed.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your support! Because of you guys I MADE IT THROUGH DAY 50!! I am now on day 52!! Wooohoooooo!! God bless you all :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

50 days is fantastic - congrats on ur hard work. My longest was 71 days and i gave in and now am starting againā€¦im on day 5. Keep thinking the positive thoughts and try to remember why u started in the first place - u got this x

3 Likes

Awesome people!!! Day 4 for this guy right here. Always a struggle it seems but we can do this, I know we canā€¦!

1 Like