From day 1 to day 2,557....7 years of sobriety

Amazing share!! Huge congrats on 7 years @SassyRocks thanks for keeping the light on here at TS and dropping bits of wisdom around the forum. I love your words and am greatful we share this sober journey!

3 Likes

Awesome to see Sassy :partying_face::purple_heart::pray:
I always love to read different ways people got sober and maintain their recovery.
Hope you treat yourself today (and everyday)

4 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing all of this with us. Love reading your posts and so much appreciate your journey.

Let go or ve dragged. Love this. Xo. Congrats on your 7 years that is absolutely amazing! Hoorah! Xo.

3 Likes

Always lots of love for you, Sassy!

6 Likes

Congratulations @SassyRocks on the 7 Years and each and every day going forward!
You saved your life… and in turn have helped so many others take steps to do the same for themselves…
Just your book reading list shows some of the commitment and diligence that you put into the process… add in the meetings, internet recovery… and so much else.
You clearly show it is not just going to fall out of the sky into your lap but needs to be sought after, wanted, and cared for and caressed while “doing the work”.
Celebrate your sober self and life!
Big hugs and congrats!

4 Likes

Congratulations! And thank you for spending those years with us :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You’re the beautiful white whale of this Forum for me and I’m sure more than this one person on here wanna be you when we grow up.

Thanks for being here all this time, Sassy. You’ve helped me and so many. Big big congratulations. :heart: :boar:

4 Likes

Oh congratulations!!!
I don’t think it’s possible to overestimate the impact of your words - on the forum, and in our lives. Thank you for you! :pray::orange_heart:

4 Likes

You’ll never know how much your presence has been a part in getting me to where I am now. Thank you so so much, Sassy. I’ll be celebrating you today. :cherry_blossom:

5 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS on 7 years and one day! Thank you for your posts and wise and loving comments always. I hope you had a wonderful day celebrating! :princess:

3 Likes

Congratulations Sassy. :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you all so much!! I am so grateful to be on this journey with all of you.

I know it can feel impossible …but we can truly do hard things. :people_hugging: Keep pushing forward. :heart:

9 Likes

Oh Sassy, I just love you SO freaking much!!! You are an incredible light and you shine it on us all so freely. Your presence is a gift and so are the insights you have that you share. I’m SO grateful for you and so thankful you are my friend. You are beautiful and what we apsire to be! Genuine, thoughtful, caring, loving, motivating…I just adore you!! Congratulations on your 7 years my love!! :heart:

What’s been your favorite change over the last 7 years my love?

6 Likes

Thank you so much Mandi!! You know I appreciate you and think you hang the moon. :crescent_moon: :sparkles:

There have been a lot of changes…but maybe my favorite one is that I don’t hate myself anymore…I am proud of myself…I love and respect myself. Okay, that’s more than one…but it all comes back to self love. I still have bouts of self doubt, self hate and feeling less than…I am human after all. But the day to day waking up with love in my heart for myself (not shame, guilt, regret)…it brings tears to my eyes still of how different I feel now. :heart: And that is all attributable to my sobriety.

Love you Mandi!! :people_hugging:

11 Likes

Thank you for being an inspiration and also a friend. You bring so much wisdom, kindness and clarity to this community. Major felicitations on this big milestone!!!

9 Likes

Well, dear Sassy, I am humbled to be counted in the same company as you. I came to TS a few months after you and I love seeing the pillars of our community continue to shelter those who arrive beaten and bludgeoned and desperate and ashamed. And you’ve helped many of our long time members also, with your equanimity, your balance.

And here’s the mystery of this thing - why did this attempt stick? Like you, I had decades of false starts and wanting to want to quit and crushing consequences that I wrote off as merely the cost of doing business in order to keep drinking. What happened that day? In my case there was an out of body experience, but why did I have faith in that? Why did you have such faith in Talking Sober? It’s difficult, maybe not even possible, to explain. We can describe it to some extent, but to unpack it?

What we can do is carry forward that simple, beautiful message: Sobriety is possible and sobriety is the way to a better life than we could ever know. Thank you, thank you for all the services you have given back to our family. You are the best sister in sobriety I could ever hope to know.

12 Likes

I feel you sassy! It’s a miracle!
Wish you lots of joy!

4 Likes

Thank you for such a thoughtful and caring post, it means so much to me, as I respect you and your presence here so much.

We are truly blessed to be on this path and I am grateful we walk side by side. :people_hugging::heart:

6 Likes

That really is a good share Sassy, in multiple ways! Congratulations with the 7 years sober stretch and being a example here for many including myself :hugs:
giphy (2)
So thank you for being a part of this tribe and my sobriaty.

4 Likes

Nice job hitting 7 years!!! :heart::tada::confetti_ball::partying_face::tada:
I echo all that has already been said, especially the part about you being very rad. You’re a shining light and a good listening ear. Thank you for letting us walk this path with you.

1 Like