Getting off of opiates, benzos, alcohol, sleeping pills and nicotine

I have no idea what im doing i need to get clean for the sake of my relationship… i have insomnia and im drinking heavily right now im an addixt and i need help im scared…

Id like to add im 18 years old and have been using various drugs since i was 13 im stuck on kratom not after a large hydrocodone habit ive went from drug to drug and i just cant do this alone

1 Like

Hi @Jacob and welcome to the forum. :wave: Congrats on taking the first big step. The good news is you’re young, and have a whole possible sober life ahead of you! Not wasted decades like some of us.

Here is a useful thread on getting through early recovery:

(Surviving Alcohol Withdrawal/Early Sobriety Techniques)

And recovery-related links that members have posted:

(Different Aspects of Recovery)

I know exactly what you’re going through. My drug of choice is alcohol but I also became addicted opiates and bezos

I had to go to Rehab to detox, and finally be honest with myself about my addition. I learned there that no matter what is your drug of choice. If we substitute another we well become addicted. Because we have the disease of addition.

Stay strong you will make this remember you only have the day that’s right in front of you you can’t take care of yesterday and don’t worry about tomorrow one day at a time you will make it

1 Like

Just be honest I just got clean n if I can do it so can u I’ve lost everything n I’m 26

I have been clean off the opiates for 2 yrs now. But i go to a methadone clinic. And i haven’t relapsed. Hope the best for u