Going on 2 days 😆

Hi guys, well I suffer from BPD :bomb:and I’ve always self medicated myself with alcohol :beer:since I was like 13. I’ve been up​:+1: and down​:-1: so many times. I’m turning 34 on the 7th of April and I’m fed up with this cycle. All I need to do is stay strong and break the nasty disease​:pensive:. And I’m so glad I can share my updates and journey with people like me. Thank you for having me :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Welcome @Focului_Zeita. We’re glad to have you. Here are some resources that might help you get started on your new journey …

1 Like

@Melrm thank you bunches. I know this is going to be hard for me just as anyone else. But I do know in the long run I’m going to feel so much better about myself. For I’ve needed this change for a very long time. :blush:

@Focului_Zeita you’ve survived 100% of your struggles so far…you can do this. Yes, it won’t be easy (but life in general isn’t anyways) but completely worth it. There’s tons of support out there so there’s no need to “white-knuckle” it and go it alone. We’ve all been there and remember it well, so feel free to ask questions, talk about your progress, or just vent.

1 Like

@Melrm it’s really going to be hard come my birthday :sweat:

Hard, yes…but being completely present for your birthday is awesome. I got sober 2 weeks before my birthday. I actually remembered it and it wasn’t centered around booze.

1 Like

Hi @Focului_Zeita. Maybe you could use all the money you’re saving from not buying alcohol, and do something sober but amazing for your birthday!

2 Likes

@JohnSee this is true :heart::heart::heart::star::star::heart::heart::heart:

I’m very excited to not be blacked out anymore. I want to soar :airplane::airplane::airplane:

1 Like

Welcome @Focului_Zeita! You’ll find a lot of supportive, empathetic people here on the forum. Here are some tools to help you get through this first week and beyond. :blush:

Surviving Alcohol Withdrawal/Early Sobriety Techniques

3 Likes