Going on 2 days šŸ˜†

Hi guys, well I suffer from BPD :bomb:and Iā€™ve always self medicated myself with alcohol :beer:since I was like 13. Iā€™ve been upā€‹:+1: and downā€‹:-1: so many times. Iā€™m turning 34 on the 7th of April and Iā€™m fed up with this cycle. All I need to do is stay strong and break the nasty diseaseā€‹:pensive:. And Iā€™m so glad I can share my updates and journey with people like me. Thank you for having me :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Welcome @Focului_Zeita. Weā€™re glad to have you. Here are some resources that might help you get started on your new journey ā€¦

1 Like

@Melrm thank you bunches. I know this is going to be hard for me just as anyone else. But I do know in the long run Iā€™m going to feel so much better about myself. For Iā€™ve needed this change for a very long time. :blush:

@Focului_Zeita youā€™ve survived 100% of your struggles so farā€¦you can do this. Yes, it wonā€™t be easy (but life in general isnā€™t anyways) but completely worth it. Thereā€™s tons of support out there so thereā€™s no need to ā€œwhite-knuckleā€ it and go it alone. Weā€™ve all been there and remember it well, so feel free to ask questions, talk about your progress, or just vent.

1 Like

@Melrm itā€™s really going to be hard come my birthday :sweat:

Hard, yesā€¦but being completely present for your birthday is awesome. I got sober 2 weeks before my birthday. I actually remembered it and it wasnā€™t centered around booze.

1 Like

Hi @Focului_Zeita. Maybe you could use all the money youā€™re saving from not buying alcohol, and do something sober but amazing for your birthday!

2 Likes

@JohnSee this is true :heart::heart::heart::star::star::heart::heart::heart:

Iā€™m very excited to not be blacked out anymore. I want to soar :airplane::airplane::airplane:

1 Like

Welcome @Focului_Zeita! Youā€™ll find a lot of supportive, empathetic people here on the forum. Here are some tools to help you get through this first week and beyond. :blush:

Surviving Alcohol Withdrawal/Early Sobriety Techniques

3 Likes