Hi everyone, I'm new here

Thank you so much! I’ve been crying a lot too! Didn’t know why haha that makes sense!

3 Likes

I’m new here too! I used to drink and black out all of the time. I decided I needed to change when my boyfriend broke up with me. That and it’s not like it made me feel good anyway. I want my life to be fulfilling and that just wasn’t happening. I want to really change. I want things to be different.

6 Likes

Welcome @Betterbee

2 Likes

Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Welcome @Betterbee!!!

1 Like

Hi @Amber2313 and @Betterbee and welcome to the forum. :wave: Congrats on taking the first big step.

Note that this forum is also available from any browser at talkingsober.com

Here is a useful thread on getting through early recovery:

(Surviving Alcohol Withdrawal/Early Sobriety Techniques)

And recovery-related links that members have posted:

(Different Aspects of Recovery)

2 Likes

Welcome aboard! I too am new here and in the last couple days have felt a shit load of support from the fine folks in this community. Many thanks for sharing your story. Being a parent as well, and many others of us too, we all share the same desires to be better for us and our little ones. We both deserve it and we’re all here and have your back. Congrats and welcome homie, it’s all uphill from here!

4 Likes

I am also struggling with this same situation. Same about of drinks, more on the weekend, 3 kids…I’ve reset my counter like 25 times hoping today will be different
My withdrawal comes with anxiety and irritability like a crazy person!! Night sweats and going number 2 a lot :expressionless:
I wish I had SOME advice to offer but I’m in the same struggle but I can tell u post as much as you can on here it does help!!

3 Likes

Welcome and good luck. As others have said, the first few days can be different for different people. Remember that whatever happens it is because you are on a journey to a better place. If it helps, you can treat yourself to just about anything but booze or drugs. You want chocolate? Ice cream? Pizza? Chips? Go for it these first few days and weeks and do it guilt free…! There will be time later to sort out a better diet. And keep patting yourself on the back. You are doing something great.

4 Likes

Extra sharp white cheddar cheese is all I wanted to eat for the first week. And I slept a lot. Miserable. Moody. Anxious. And all I wanted was that damn cheese :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Welcome :slight_smile: I am new to this as well and I have had so much support from so many strong people.

2 Likes

@Needhelp1128 you’re so cheesy :laughing:

4 Likes

@Melrm @Needhelp1128 Did someone say cheese!?..

2 Likes

This morning as I was walking my dog I reflected on how supportive everyone is in this community and how proud I am to be a part of such an amazing community.

I think that there are a lot of people out there that have unacknowledged addictions that they are to afraid of to address. But here we are! No matter how many times the app gets reset, we are doing better then the vast majority. Because we are acknowledging where we are at today and trying to do our best everyday, even when we mess up.

5 Likes

So I’m on Day 12 and finally finding energy, although getting out of bed in the morning is tough. My first 10 days of being sober was really tough, I had no energy! I also had night sweats for the first few days. I found out that drinking a ton of water and resting at every opportunity I had helped immensely. The important thing is that you take care of yourself and you treat yourself kindly. I akin new sobriety to having major surgery, the body needs time to rest and heal.

Congratulations on this journey!

3 Likes

Welcome. I didn’t have withdrawals so I can’t help you there but what has helped me with my stress and anxiety has been working out (endorphins kick ass) and gardening (when I need calming).

I recommend finding some activities to occupy your down time and use this app to “talk out” your issues. People here have been great!

3 Likes

I am on day 12 not drinking and first 5 days hardest hardly slept anxiety so bad, cried randomly! I felt like a mess,(still do some days) but using this app and seeing I wasn’t alone and journaling helped.

I am glad I stuck it out still have cravings and minimal anxiety.
But waking up every morning with not hangover or regrets make it worth continuing!! Just hang in there for a bit :smile:

3 Likes

I am on day 3 today and I found sleep the hardest. I tried melatonin and tea last night and made it to bed at a decent time, it seemed to help a lot. When I was drinking I wouldn’t get to bed on a Friday until at least 1am.
Today is a new day!

5 Likes

Hi! I’m 4 months and 4 days into my sobriety. What really helped for me in the beginning, and now, is Andrew Johnson’s hypnotism app. I play it every night when I’m laying in bed and I’m usually asleep by the time the session is complete… About 30 minutes. Google it. Andrew Johnson Quit Drinking

2 Likes

I did a 8hr sleep hypnosis quit drinking from YouTube 7 nights straight. Not one desire to drink, since.

2 Likes