How to make sober real life friends

The chemo I did causes things like multiple sclerosis. I already have osteoarthritis and can barely move. Will get back to it daily but I’ve been chilled since September

Wow didn’t realize in earlier posts how much pain and challenges you face. Even more impressive if you can stay sober. You should be proud of any progress!

Haha you caught me complaining! I don’t like complaining. Normally, daily workouts help a lot, but actually sobriety is helping me mentally also because when I get beyond annoyed when something isn’t going right - I’m able to just stop and calm myself down by taking a break from it, then revisiting at a later time when calm. Thanks :slight_smile:

So looking forward to spring!

1 Like

@JohnSee I’ll be at 100 days come tonight or can say tomorrow.

1 Like

Now I don’t even have time to make friends… First I broke washer, now is fixed. Next my new hot water heater feels cold and the heat is not working. Smart phone won’t hold a charge. I mean, one thing after the next.

Maybe the gremlins in your house breaking stuff just want to be friends! :slight_smile:

Look up smart recovery they have a strong online presence for woman and also have group meetings … This is what keeps me going

1 Like

@JohnSee

Haha, something weird is going on over here!!!

Tomorrow is day 100.

@AUGDON12

Yeah, I do those online meetings 1-2x per week. The area where the meetings are downtown is too scary for me. I live in more of a suburb and wouldn’t be comfortable going to one.

I printed out all of the worksheets 2 years ago and have them as a reference file