Hungover and frustrated

Went out on a date night with the husband. This rarely happens due to our work schedules. I gave in and had some beers with dinner, and of course continued to drink until bed. Woke up with a horrible migraine and vomiting. I’ve been doing well, working out all the time, feeling more positive, and then this today. So frustrating.

2 Likes

Try to figure out why you decided to drink. Usually after the first one its very hard to stop. And most of us love to drink not just for a little but alot. I know did. I didnt drink to get a buzz I drank to get wasted lol. So now i just have to tell myself that before I think about having that first one and remembering where it all leads since Ive done it a million times and it never brings me anything good.

6 Likes

How many days sober?

Don’t stop trying. Don’t look at this as a reason to continue but as a way to learn more about yourself and to know your triggers. Maybe date nights need to be a date day doing something active? Somewhere away from any temptation. We are all here for you and don’t give up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Only like 4 days. I have one here and there but not binges like this. Frustrating.

2 Likes

Stories from alcoholics that I hear have a reoccurring tone.

People who lapse/relapse tend to go more extreme compared to their last stint.

Be careful and be strong!

2 Likes

I can relate to this post SOOO well… I could’ve written it myself! I’m almost 24 hours in after my own binge last night.
Thank you for this. (hug)

1 Like

I love tea!!! I also collect cool mugs! I love lemon and ginger teas…pretty much anything with lemon.

2 Likes

Try to think of something fun to do. Read a book, play video games, watch a movie. Anything but drink and you have succeeded.

3 Likes

Same green tea helps me a lot.