Introduce Yourself

Have u ever tried Kratom? It helps more than suboxone, all natural too! Just trying to help :blush:

1 Like

Im stefan,

6 days sober and going strong! My addiction to alcohol controlled the last 10 years of my life. Starting with weekend long benders, spiralling into dependence. stress, depression and anxiety would set in if i didnt know where i was going to get my next drink. Ruining relationships and leaving me with massive debt, i didnt care, i either wanted to get loaded or die.

but now i realise there is hope!

6 Likes

Welcome @Stefan_Groen

Yes. I have. It works pretty well. But Iā€™m just trying to be done. Period. I know me. And I know if I take enough kratom I will get a mild euphoric feeling. And then ill take more and more. By months end ill be buying 150$ a week in kratom. This is day 3 of no subs day 6 of no pills. I feel great. I know I still have many rough days ahead of me but Iā€™m just going to rejoice in this moment today with my wonderful kids.

2 Likes

Awesome congrats! Iā€™ll be praying for u!

1 Like

Hi Will nice to meet youā€¦ I love your last sentence :), so true! Welcome to our community :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have no idea if this image uploaded or not. Either way Hello! regulars and bleh! newcomers. Nothing kills a good AA topic like a newcomerā€™s meeting amiright? Yay I got an app! and now I can bitch online anonymously. I havenā€™t posted so much as a comment on a Youtube video in probably 5yrs or moreā€¦ much less a Forum soā€¦ be Amazed! Introduce myself okā€¦ Chris here, Jesus to an exclusive bunch of company Iā€™ve spent a modicum of time with for my ever-evolving resemblance to the Man whom turns water into the very vine of life. 32yoā€¦ Registered card carrying alkie for 10+yrs. Fights, hospitals, job losses, homelessness, drunk tanks, etcā€¦ my war stories will just make you blush. Just out of a 15yr relationship/marriage, lost everything, sleeping on a friendā€™s couchā€¦ Hello Ladies. And fresh off a good-sized, forced, bout of sobriety. Despite all this and my college credits toward my substance abuse counseling degreeā€¦ *sigh, jk, if only mistakes paid instead of the other way aroundā€¦ I went right back to drinking, like it was a good buddy and not some devil that fucked my wife and took my life away from meā€¦ thatā€™s Friendship. 3 weeks back at it, itā€™s all a miserable haze, I swear to God my insides are in utter revolt. Iā€™m less sick drunk though. Any sober time has been spent trying to work, dry/wet heaving, worrying, chain smoking, barely sleeping, having panic attacksā€¦ WTF! is a panic attack? I didnā€™t even know what they were and now all of a sudden Iā€™m Tony fucking Soprano. Iā€™m destroyed. Iā€™m lovesick, pining for this old life with another alcoholic I was miserable with. Iā€™ve got this blank canvas in front of me and all I wanna do is throw shit at it. Iā€™m resigned to losing all my hopes, dreams, potential. My HP and I are at an impasse. Iā€™ve got a grudge against AAā€¦alcoholics are the absolute worst people. Oh, Iā€™ll 5th step all day longā€¦ my shit has long since stopped embarrassing meā€¦ never done me a lick of good. Iā€™ve been doing this So very longā€¦ Iā€™ve heard every bit of advice and I can preach it with swagger. Iā€™m jaded, Im bitter, heartbroken, listening to Willie Nelson with a bottle of gin. And for the record, if youā€™re reading, I have no interest in my story futhering your causeā€¦ letā€™s go down together. But fuck it, Iā€™ve gotta rant somewhere cause to do this in public would mean immediate expulsion from the bar. Iā€™ve lurked for a few hours and admittedly itā€™s a nice communityā€¦ not as yet completely ruined with infighting and dictumā€¦ Enjoy. Iā€™ve got this diseaseā€¦ allergy, ass rash, what have youā€¦ where this beautiful fucking world is never enough. Iā€™m sick and I donā€™t know if I can make it through another detox. Iā€™m alone. I donā€™t know what I have to offer humanity anymore, but I know Iā€™m dying and it sucks cause it feels like my agent screwed me out of a bigger part. Soā€¦ rant complete I guessā€¦ talk amongst yourselves.

3 Likes

That's a good idea. I just found this. I have 90 days almost. I guess it's technically 85 days. Every day I ask God to help me stay sober and to live by his will only not my own, and to guide me in that, and every night I'm grateful for the results. I've gone in and out for years, opiates, and heroin. (never iv user..that scared me). But it's a very difficult thing to stop. I am finally done with it. I'm not overconfident. That was my mistake last time, I just know my body can't take another run after the last two. I commend your idea. I'm not one of those people who just wants to accumulate time. Though as I do this daily, the time will inevitably come. But that's not my goal. My goal is to learn, grow spiritually, and practice it better. I've believed in God all my life, but never really took many of the suggestions. I've been to countless jails due to using, federal prison for multiple years, watched my fiance die 2 weeks before our wedding, was left as a single parent. Life has been difficult. The drug use only exacerbated it. I'm so ready to grow and leave all of that behind me. I'm 34, and went in and out of using countless times. So I'm not naive or inexperienced. People in my area, VA, are dying constantly from heroine use. A lot of them do use IV and maybe that makes death come faster. I don't know. But I know at this age, and a lot of it being primarily fentanyl in this area now, the last two times I quit cold turkey, and my body suffered greatly like never before. I even had to call an ambulance once...which I'd never do..to embarrassing in my mind, but for the first time ever, I believed I was moments from death. It's not too embarrassing then. As I want to live. I'm grateful for finding this room. I go to AA, I have a sponsor, working the steps, 2 service positions etc. But it's nice to have this resource. I got PTSD watching my fiance die, a sudden and gruesome death. I never treated it. Now that I have more clean time, and am more determined than I have ever been, those feelings are coming up again. Well many new feelings are. It's like having a brain transfer....dealing with things high, then dealing with things sober. So I've decided to finally get an occasional counselor / therapist perhaps, but definitely get the ptsd treatments. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself.

4 Likes

Hi. Welcome. Your story is a tragic one. Im from NC and the fentnyl (however u spell it) is rampant. Everyday another one dies. But I have to commend you for your courage to live. Ive been on that ledge many times and my life isnā€™t close to as rough as yours. But your choice to drive on shows your strength. And to want to do it soberā€¦to face your demons head onā€¦ Well thatā€™s heroic brother. God bless you and your child!

Yeah, most of my life has been tragic. Early life was great. Division 1 travel soccer for yearsā€¦invited to junior Olympic practice squad, top goal scorer every season in hockey.
The rest, not so good. Yes, itā€™s become an epidemic. When i first started with oxycontin I didnā€™t
even know it was physically addictive. So kids need to know that. Iā€™m sure they do now, or most, as itā€™s so rampant as you correctly described. I think Iā€™ve heard of about 30 or so young people dying in the last few months. I mean, you gotta make a choice right? Keep living in a hell that can kill you any dayā€¦in my case that would leave my son an orphan. I will not do that to him. i will not. Or step up, face the demons, correct your thinking, and get the proper helpā€¦which I rejected for years. Bad choice. But Iā€™m glad to have made it now. I appreciate your comments. I hope youā€™re doing well too, and God bless you as well.

Suboxone is a miserable medication to come off. I hope you were on a low doseā€¦ It took me over a month to feel semi normal when quitting that last year. Cold turkey is always the way to go, I realize now. Or maybe a tiny bit of suboxone for the first two days, but you have to wait that good 24 hoursā€¦with fentanyl, even longer. Or youā€™ll go into immediate and terrible withdrawals instantly.

Yesā€¦I researched a while and only uses suboxone at a really low tapering dose for 4 days to get past the oxy withdrawal. I wouldnā€™t dare use it longer because of the fear of the 21day withdrawal from it.

Welcome @JailhouseJesus. Excellent writing by the wayā€¦kept me enthralled the entire time. If you are crazy enough and stubborn enoughā€¦you can get sober just like the rest of us. The trick is staying stopped. Weā€™re glad to have you.

1 Like

@JailhouseJesus, Thanks for the history lesson Iā€™m still smilingā€‹:smile: by the way. And up to this point Iā€™ve had a pretty shitty week . Iā€™m sorry for your loss and losses we are all in the same same ship. And believe it or not it doesnā€™t have a hole in the bottom and youā€™re not there alone. Welcome to talk sober!:hugs::purple_heart: We all have the same addiction is called the disease of addiction, we all have the same problems we canā€™t quitā€¦ and if you notice I said we Iā€™m not excluding myself. Weā€™re all at the same pity party. Welcome it will get better at some point but, thatā€™s our own decision of when and where we. Other can only be here to help us through. If thereā€™s anything I can do to help you through that process let me know. The best advice I can give you, after 11 mths. Clean is to keep your hands busy then your mind will follow.
An idle mind is a devilā€™s workshop. Stay away from people, places, and things, that youā€™re used to hanging out with. And go to a meeting an NA where other X addicts are. You will find theyā€™re very friendly and very welcoming, and thatā€™s where you need to be believe me I know. Good luck and Iā€™ll pray for you. And you need to look to your higher power for strength and remember to thank him for the days that youā€™ve already accomplished of being clean and heā€™ll give you another day.:hugs::pray::purple_heart:

Hey there MelB , welcome!

1 Like

Welcome to you!

Is this where i introduce myself or is this a pm lol im confused!! Lol and my new user probation is lifted which is ofcourse goodā€¦ ttyt

1 Like

Welcome @MattE1030

Thanks so much Melrm ! @melrm

Hi everyone. New here. 2 days sober. Had over 2 years sobriety and then fell off the wagon. Been drinking and being a not so wonderful person for about a year now. Glad I found this app. I love reading everybodyā€™s stories. Makes me feel so much better not to be alone. My story is long and painful as Iā€™m sure most are. Might go into it some other time. Prayers appreciated:)

5 Likes