It happened again

I’m embarrassed to say I’ve been avoiding coming here because what started as one drink last Saturday turned into a whole week of drinking until yesterday. I seem to reach 5 or 6 days then I give in.

I’ve no excuse for it, why do I keep doing this to myself? Spent so much money I didn’t have, I’ll have to ask my family for help!!

Spent the night shaking and restless because of the withdrawal. This will be such a long day :frowning:

1 Like

Welcome back @Eysa. So you were able to snap yourself out of the relapses you were having. You have another chance
Yeah! Don’t quit. You got this!

1 Like

@Eysa you got this! You’re a fighter! You’ve survived 100% of what’s been thrown at you in life so far :wink: Remember this miserable withdrawal well and know that you never have to feel this way again.

2 Likes

Because I’m too embarrassed to post it as a new topic but I just won’t hide or hide from my responsibilities to sobriety and my health anymore, I’d like to say that I had a terrible Sunday and had to reset my counters. You know what, though? Actually resetting them rather than uninstalling the app is huge for me. So is telling you guys this.

I’m sorry for both of us that we had our lapses, but proud that we’re not running away. There was that stupid Toyota commercial where someone says “Even when you fall flat on your face, it’s technically still moving forward.” Hilariously profound for a car commercial, but it’s true. And we’re so, so lucky to have a place like this to talk about it and climb back up, dust ourselves off and keep moving forward.

I’m glad you’re here today, and I’m glad you shared.

6 Likes

We all have to learn to stop using words and feelings like embarrassed or ashamed. It’s sobriety, a fight for our own life and the people we care about. It’s not a spectator sport where we drop the ball! It’s more like a fight against cancer, or a climb up a steep mountain. We should stay accountable - but still proud.

5 Likes

I like the way you think!

1 Like

@Eysa one thing that helped me was doing 90 meetings in 90 days. I started going to AA when I was 14 and didn’t get sober until I 23. Don’t give up just keep fighting get a sponcer. Maybe if you are able to do a in house rehab that is what I ended up doing. Good Luck.