Lupus and recovery

I got really sick last year and they think it maybe lupus. Lupus is what they seem to think it is. Anyways I used to love walks, playing outside with my kids, but I can’t anymore. The sun or UV causes flares and an incredible amount of pain. So I had resorted to drinking. I’m on day 18 …there are only so many times you can clean a house…I have done the laundry. So I sit here and drinking sounds good. I wish I could go back to feeling better

I am sorry to hear about your health issues. It sounds like you are dealing with boredom. Alcohol is a depressant so it won’t help with boredom for long.

Would it be possible to take the kids out for an evening walk as the sun has started to go down?

What games did you play with the kids? Can any of them be done indoors?

Then there’s indoor specific stuff. Take them on a thrift shop treasure hunt? Take them grocery shopping, let them pick something and get them to help with dinner? Make cookies?

I love board games and want to try some RPGs with my niece and nephews. This one looks like loads of fun: http://herokidsrpg.blogspot.ca/?m=1

If you can find some way to have quality time with your kids I am sure both you and them will enjoy that a lot more than zoning out with booze.

2 Likes

Hey lupus sister, I’ve received my SLE diagnosis few years back. I’ve made some adjustments to my diet and experimented with few things which meant that I have been off tablets for the last 4 years (since I had minor complaints such as lupus toes and some redness on my face). I would highly suggest watching documentary forks over knives, it really saved my life :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also have systemic lupus and Scleroderma. Which caused chronic kidney failure. During flare ups its the most difficult to refrain from taking opiates. Stay strong