My day one, again

Hello ,
This is my first time posting but probably like my 5th time this year starting over from relapsing. I could really use some advice on how you guys got past the first week. Alcohol has done nothing but ruined my life so far and I’m only 22. This last time around I have managed to lose my job, and I might be flunking out of school. I need to stay sober this time, I cant keep going on like this. Please help :pray:t4:

Hi pal!! Here’s a great topic I found using the searchbar on top right of the screen. Tons of advice!!

2 Likes

Hi! It’s good that you recognize that you have a problem that comes with some pretty bad consequences, that’s the first step in your sobriety journey. The next step, which is the hardest, is deciding to fo something about it.

Im a bit envious of you, because I wish I recognized my own problem sooner. I decided to do something about it 53 days ago, after turning 40 yrs old. I wasted what could be the best years of my life.

There’s a lot of advice here on how to make this change work for us. Just remember, everyone’s situation is different and what works for some doesn’t work for others. Take what you think will work for you and give it a go.

Don’t be hard on yourself if you relapse, it’s not failure, it means you found a way that doesn’t work, just learn from it and go in a different direction.

As far as the one thing you should do now, it’s simple, focus on one day at a time. Today is all we have, just focus on today. If that’s overwhelming, one hour at a time; one moment at a time.

You’re in good company here, reach out any time you have questions or need to vent.

Godspeed

1 Like