Need some support

So I’m new to this app/forum, but definitely not new to wanting to stop drinking. I can’t have just 1 drink. It somehow turns into 4. I’ve finally realized this isn’t how I want to live anymore and I’m honestly too ashamed to tell anyone in my life, other than my husband. I have a 1 year old and I really need to get myself together for the whole family’s sake. I drink to cope with my anxiety. I’ve been working on meditation and yoga in the evenings instead of drinking to relax. I go to work every day, take care of what I need to, and then drink in the evenings. I’m sick of waking up hung over. I’d appreciate any support. I know I can do this.

11 Likes

Welcome @Warriorgoddess. You can do this and a sober/hangover free life is so worth it! Just keep taking it a day at a time, a cliche but it works. Know your triggers and be ready for them !

4 Likes

Hi @Warriorgoddess - I’m right with you! :blush:
Your story is sooo similar to mine - you’re defiantly not alone. Keep going and take one day at a time - you already are making positive changes, you CAN do it. Message me anytime :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hello, @Warriorgoddess! I am also new here, but over the last couple of days I have already seen so many stories similar to mine - yours included! Always remember that you are not alone in this, no matter how lonely you might feel! And you can totally do this! :muscle:

1 Like

Thank you all so much for the support! It’s so great knowing I’m not alone. It’s definitely going to be a struggle but I know it’s worth it. I’ll be having sleepy time tea tonight instead of my usual vodka.

5 Likes

Ha. That’s the crazy thing with everyone’s stories. They are all My story in some way or another. Every single one!! Shows us all that we are not alone :wink:

3 Likes

@Warriorgoddess. Welcome your in a great place. Good friendly, helping, and friends, is what you’ll find here.:purple_heart::hugs:

So I’ve been having a particularly bad day at work today and just need some encouragement. Normally on a day like today I’d pour a glass as soon as I get home.

Welcome :slight_smile: i was doubting do i have problems or no, or things just happens and i am leak of vil power, but after reading all the stories that are so same showed me that it is a problem and i am not alone. Friends around can be supportive and good but this forum helos much more cauz people around understands what you are foing threw. I was ashame to say to people before also, but now i know its not shame to admit about problems, shame to continue to hide them

1 Like

Hi @Warriorgoddess! Welcome to the forum! I also have a 1 year old and a large part of my motivation is to be a better mom to him, to be fully present in his life, and to set a good example. I was also a daily drinker (grab a glass cough bottle/s of wine after I put him down for the night). It can be a difficult habit to break but it is possible!! Here are some things that I found useful in early recovery. You can do this!! :blush:

1 Like

I feel you. I can relate complete. This place is really helpful.

You’ve got this.

1 Like