New life? I don't know what I'm doing

Hey.
I’m new on this forum and I’m new in being sober. I’m completely lost and helpless… I’m 21 an I am an alcoholic and I was drinking for 7 years. Today is my first day of sobriety and I’m feeling really bad… Unfortunately I had to go to work. I’m working in the best place for alcoholic - in a liquor store. I’m starting to freaking out… I’m starting to think that I can’t do this anymore…
If I’ve made any mistake, sory, I’m from Europe.

Welcome. You haven’t made a mistake. In fact you’ve done everything right. Let’s ignore how long you have been drinking. What matters is how you want you life to become. Ok you work in a drink store. But you don’t have to drink it. My personal feeling is that if you search for the app you want support. You want to change your life. The good news is it can be done. The road isn’t always smooth but it can be done I repeat. You will find so much support here it will really help you. Set your goal for today and as others say write a list of things you want to achieve through not drinking. Take each day at a time and good luck

4 Likes

Hi @GirlFromStore and welcome to the forum. :wave: Congrats on taking the first big step.

The good news is that you are young, and have a whole sober life to look forward to once you quit! …Unlike some of us who wasted decades drinking and now look back with regret. Working in a liquor store is certainly a challenge, but there are people out here sober who work as bartenders, in restaurants, dance clubs, etc. It is doable!

Here is a useful thread on getting through early recovery:

(Surviving Alcohol Withdrawal/Early Sobriety Techniques)

And recovery-related links that members have posted:

(Different Aspects of Recovery)

Note that this forum is also available outside the “App” from any web browser at talkingsober.com