Not ashamed

I first found this app 5 days ago after two nights of drinking couple bottles of wine each night and a horrible fight with My Partner. I knew I couldn’t keep pretending that I didn’t have a problem, and finally realized that I really really can’t ever drink again, because I can’t stop drinking once I start, and most nights I just passed out sometimes barely remembering what happen the night before.
So desperate to make a change I started pod casting alcoholism and drinking problems, which led me to this app. Sober Time. I did a name and no photo ashamed and not sure I wanted to even join. Well this app you people the sharing the stories the advise have all helped me get through these 5 days and I know will help me as I continue my journey.

So I just want to say thanks and I am Theresa not (bootlove).
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

14 Likes

Hi Theresa (waving) :raising_hand:
Glad you are stepping into the circle instead of staying on the fringes.
We may initially be ashamed but as time goes on, you’ll see how lucky we are. Not everyone has the chance to get sober and they die in addiction/alcoholism. Others come and go back out and never make it back. I’ve had many friends in recovery that relapse and pass away. We are blessed, not punished. It’s all about perspective.

5 Likes

Hi @Bootlove - Theresa! Nice to meet you here and welcome to the forum. Note that the forum is also available from talkingsober.com and does not require the “App”.

Here is a useful thread on getting through early recovery:

(Surviving Alcohol Withdrawal/Early Sobriety Techniques)

And recovery-related links that members have posted:

(Different Aspects of Recovery)

2 Likes

hi Theresa welcome :blush: this app is great since I found it this is the longest I’ve gone without a drink in so long I can’t remember… day 26 today :blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

1 Like