Something I want to share

Hi guys,

I think that this could be helpful for some of you, I want to share a story of my relapse, two days ago. I always did stupid things when I am drunk and I am convinced that some of you dealt with similar issues, but this very time was so frickin’ stupid … omg.

So … it all came down on a fckd up day, work was really intense and I’ve got good response from clients, I came home, prepared a nice meal and was very happy that I am strong enough to do not drink for 4 days (in retrospect it is hilarious). I don’t know how it did happen but I went out and bought some booze to celebrate the day… whatever.

The first sip was phenomenal, everyone knows it … you feel a buzz, getting happier and relaxed. I was so confident that I could handle it, talked to old friends, got a great time till 3,5 litres of beer were magically gone. At this time every shop had already closed, what else could I do to get more? Of course, check some delivery service (you can order alcohol in Europe, don’t know if it’s similar in the US). The only place that was opened at this time was a really really nasty pizza place ( … ). Well, I ordered online, payed with paypal, a few moments later I got a call from the pizza place, it turns out that I didn’t reach the minimum order quantity … At this point someone should have slapped me with a sledgehammer right into my face, honestly it got worse :smiley: So I ordered a couple pizzas more, the owner told me that it’s only possible to pay the rest of the amount cash. Now it gets really stupid :smiley: I took my running shoes, went out for the next ATM, ran 30 minutes in the middle of the night shitfaced at a very fast pace, did not entered the digits correctly and added to many “0” after the amount. Got 2000 bucks out and laughed, cuz I thought I have tricked the ATM, ran back and waited another hour, because the driver couldn’t find the adress. I checked my Strava account and realized that I have set up a new PR :smiley: So, i was there, in the middle of the night with 3 big pizzas, did not eat anything and just got a couple of beers, 1.5 litres later, I went to bed, woke up after 20 minutes of “sleep” and couldn’t fall asleep for 5 hours.

This event is very motivational to me, because I can’t believe my own stupidity. The fact that it’s getting worse with every sip of alcohol is so obvious, yet I never get it. You can’t get any happier of more drinks, the only thing what’s getting me happier is life itself.

6 Likes

You’re a great storyteller. Mine aren’t as interesting but I can relate. Relapse doesn’t seem all that bad at first but it goes down hill very quickly and it is never worth the ride. I hope you’re able to stick with sobriety. Thanks for sharing! Best wishes. -R

1 Like

Thank you, Reign :slight_smile:

@Andy, what a horrible night you had. It’s those bottoming out moments that really say something to us. We can’t take our drug in moderation. We always have to go crazy with
it. And our lives are better without it, altogether no matter how good it makes us feel. Thanks for sharing. I can relate.

2 Likes

I am really glad you are now safe and okay. For me relapses are both very dangerous and scary. My mind and body cannot handle the amount I “want” to binge drink after being sober.

1 Like

yeah, indeed :confused: thank you very much for your concerns, I appreciate it a lot! :slight_smile: I have to stop this shit