This could be my last post

Same here! But each success makes it easier.

Also, I ended up just coming home, playing guitar and reading a book. I already have texts from friends that blacked out asking what happened, puts shit in perspective. So have you set the date for our little challenge? :slight_smile:

Do the smoothie option!

If you’re full, it’s much more rare that you’ll crave alcohol.

3 Likes

Gutted. Had to restart my clock. Didn’t even enjoy it so total waste of time. Will power was rubbish. You wre right, nonalcoholic wine is very yucky. Ashamed :frowning:

Let’s do this. Two weeks is minimum. ( not sure where you are in the world but it’s Sunday 12 38 pm here.

Ashamed? Why? You’ve just worked out NA booze doesn’t work. That’s a positive! Reset and move forward @Brave.

2 Likes

Brave no worries! We got your back. You can do this!

I know it makes the moderators a little mad when I post these in the threads.

https://www.google.com/amp/m.wikihow.com/Quit-Drinking-without-Alcoholics-Anonymous%3Famp%3D1?client=safari

1 Like

That stuff is rank. I had a glass and ended off doing that face that my dog does when he tastes something nasty and slaps his lips lol. One bonus is that after being off wine for 6 days, it tasted different- not enjoyable at all. I was actually pleased that I didn’t like it because it should be easier to start again now that I have had that experience. It was like my body was telling me it was poison.
Best foot forward! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @Shattered_dreams. Going to read this now.

Hi @jaimelee. You out there? How are you holding up after this discussion, if you don’t mind me asking.

1 Like

@Brave am I missing something here? Why are you resetting and feeling ashamed after drinking NA wine?

1 Like

Call your Sponsor, or someone else in the program. Try not to drink today, or for the next hour, sometimes if you can not drink for just an hour at a time. you can put together a while day. You can do this.

1 Like

I drink n/a wine, it’s basically juice.

That’s not a reset and I’m not sure why you’re ashamed? If you don’t like the flavor, great, but no need to reset your clock. You’re totally right, it doesn’t taste exactly like wine. I haven’t had one I don’t like yet, but we all have different tastes. :slight_smile:

No…it tasted so bad I had real wine! Bad x

It tasted rubbish so I had a glass or two of real stuff. Tasted cap too but I’m not cheating myself. :frowning:

Oh okay, I see. Then good for you for being honest about it

2 Likes

Now it’s a new challenge which I will not fail this time x

2 Likes

@Brave Ah. That makes way more sense, thanks for clarifying.

Take it as a life lesson - now you know n/a drinks like that are a trigger and to stay away from them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

im here! haha. its been a strange journey, i am almoat a week sober. going to SMART meetings after going back to drinking for two weeks. i think the hardest part is getting myself out of isolation

2 Likes

The only thing I could say to that is I been in that situation where I control it and I get too comfortable and when I’m too comfortable I end up very vulnerable and what supposably is control becomes into abuse and i fall in to the same cycle the same pattern so just be careful but if you can control it more power to you and just be cautious.

1 Like

Hi @jaimelee glad to hear that! Thanks for checking in to let us know. Just read some of your previous posts - may there there is some other channel to work on the isolation? Not sure were you live and how active thing are, but there are ways to reach out and make sober connections/friends, especially if you have any free time, besides the sobriety meetings. Some ideas could be volunteering for something you care about (children, animals, community, etc) - groups are always looking for help (example V) Or using something like meetup.com to find people with similar interests, or taking a class, or a team sport or activity. Or maybe old sober friends to reconnect with. Again unsure of your sit but these come to mind.

1 Like