This is embarrassing but I have to try

6 days in and resetting. If I don’t try I feel like I’ve lost. I hate losing. I’m scared of this opponent though. Today I’m winning.

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @Phil_007. Don’t give up. It’s hard to admit our weakness. I know. It’s feels embarrassing to me too. Especially since we’ve been fighting addiction for much of our lives. But we shouldn’t feel that way. Reaching out for help and support is what normal healthy strong people do every day. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

It’s an opportunity to learn and be better. If you don’t acknowledge what happened you won’t be prepared for the next time temptation strikes. You did the right thing by admitting it to yourself and us.

Try and identify why you had to reset. Was it because of where you were or what you were doing?

4 Likes

I think if you’re going to reset, it’s better in the beginning. You still had those 6 days and this time around you can focus on getting past it! :slight_smile:

It’s definitely a learning experience.

3 Likes

Don’t give up!! You are worth a clean and sober life!! Do you attend AA?

2 Likes

Hi @Phil_007 and welcome to the forum. :wave: Congrats on taking the first big step.

I don’t see much info about yourself in previous posts, maybe let the forum know more about yourself and history? You haven’t lost, the only way to lose in this game is to stop stopping!

Here is a useful thread on getting through early recovery:

(Surviving Alcohol Withdrawal/Early Sobriety Techniques)

And recovery-related links that members have posted:

(Different Aspects of Recovery)

3 Likes

A bit of both. I don’t think I’ve accepted I have to do this one day at a time and that it’s all or none when or comes to drinking.

Going to a meeting Tuesday at 7

1 Like