Three days sober

Hi guys! Today is my first day using this website and I’m very excited but nervous. I started going to AA and NA since Monday and it has made a pretty big difference in my life. I just can’t help feeling so alone still and since being three days sober I’ve had a rollercoaster of emotions of anger and depression. Any advice on how to handle the pain a little more easily?

1 Like

Hi @Kori let me be the first to say - Welcome! You have definitely come to the right place, I am on day 6 now, and I definitely wouldn’t got this far without the support of all the guys and girls on this site.

From what you say, you clearly have a strong determination to succeed!

You can do this, we are all in this together. The lovely thing about coming on here is that we are all here for you 24/7.

You will not be doing this on your own anymore.

Sending you positive vibes :star2: :star2: :star2:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words. After I received my DUI I knew that alcohol and drugs took over my life and I had no control anymore and I couldn’t stand that feeling. I’m not proud of the mistakes I’ve made in the past but I’m trying my hardest to take one day at a time without overthinking about what is behind or in front of me

2 Likes

You are so welcome! Just remember to be kind to yourself.
One step at a time, you have already taken those first important steps, it’s onwards and upwards from here.

Stay strong.

Best of luck to you :heart:

2 Likes

Welcome, @Kori! The first week is the hardest! Especially the first few days. I find it helpful to distract myself from the mood swings by focusing my energy on something else. Writing or posting in the forum can be very helpful. For me music is tremendously helpful at relieving stress and motivating me to keep fighting one more day.

2 Likes

Music has been a huuuuge necessity for this week so far! I used to write all the time so I’ll whip out my old journal and see what my brain can come up with :heart:

2 Likes

Hi and welcome!! I agree with @Zara when it comes to being kind to yourself. You are not your mistakes or other people’s opinion of you. You sound like you’re doing what you need to do to stay sober.
The feelings will come crashing in some days. I know it feels like sitting with a bad feeling will stay forever but trust that it won’t.
Keep fighting the good fight and post here as often as you need to. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey welcome three days for myself off the alcohol. Good luck. Keep busy read write craft :heart_decoration::heart_decoration: keep it up hun

1 Like