Unsure decision

I’m not exactly an addict but I have trouble getting myself to stop using so excessively. When I drink, it comes with cocaine and I never stopped to think that it might be a problem. Maybe not immediately but definitely in the long run. I find myself up for 24 hours with strangers doing cocaine and putting alcohol in my body. I have no limits, I can go forever. And when I come down I feel like dying is my only way out.
I’ve battled depression for a long time now and I know myself and that I would never go through with suicide but it doesn’t make the feeling any easier.
I’m hoping this app will help me stay on track and stay away from situations that make me say ‘fuck it’.

1 Like

No judgement from me, but you recongnize there is an issue. I don’t necessarily consider myself an addict, but I did see where my usage starting to get in the way of my life. So, I started treating myself as an addict just to address the problem.

You definitely need to go all or nothing, it’s a thin line between making progress and digressing. Try to make a goal of xxx days, and re-evaluate yourself then. It’s not going to be easy, but discovering yourself also gives you a true test of what your telling yourself is accurate.

Plenty of support here! Ask questions, post, provide support to others. Go back and read other post.

1 Like

Hi @Kcj and welcome. The decision has to come from you, but people here can definitely help guide you to what questions to ask yourself. You don’t have to be an “addict” to want to stop drinking/using, sometimes just knowing that it is having a negative effect on your life is enough. Your depression may also decrease one you have long sobriety.

Fyi this forum is also available outside the app at talkingsober.com.

Recovery-related resources that members have posted:

(Different Aspects of Recovery)

1 Like