Vent here as needed

@Soberlife05 Thanks you​:laughing: I was going well up until friday (10 days straight) then my mother sent me into a tail spin. In order to contiue and better myself I have to cut her out of my life completely. I have made mistakes and I am starting to take responsibility but other people have different agendas. Its great to see so many like minded people starting to take control and better them selves for the better. Not feeling so alone as there are so many inspiring stories. We all have to keep getting back on the horse and persevere. Its worth it in the end… thank you again for your kind words. Stay strong be good to your self and grow xx :laughing::seedling::evergreen_tree::deciduous_tree::comet::muscle::dizzy:

1 Like

@Ozdownunder Your welcome, anytime! I love this forum/group, it encourages me to keep fighting the fight! I wish I would off had the chance to visit Australia, I lived in Guam for 3 years. Together we can do it! Happy sober day! :blush::blush::blush::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball::v::v::v:

2 Likes

@Bloodysickofdrinking hey mate, try not to be too hard on yourself. You are in the right place. Getting the right support is essential to all us on here! Whether it be a therapist, circle of positive friends and / or family. Also removing yourself from situations where there is grog is also important. I have been doing ten kilometres walking every day and for me it helps me think and get rid of negative feelings and anxiety. Diet is also important alas that is something I need to improve on. Ever need to chat give us a shout out. Stay strong and positive. Sending you positive vibes from queensland :sunglasses::earth_asia::desert_island:

2 Likes

The roller coaster of sobriety.
Some days are high, some days are low.
Been riding a lot of low days lately, not really sure why.
Sometimes it feels like what’s the point?
I drank to get drunk to not feel what i feel because feeling it made me depressed.
Yeah I’m happy im not drinking anymore but it didn’t make those feelings go away, now i have no way of hiding from it and i have to deal with “myself” and that’s something i just don’t like doing.
Sometimes i don’t know if it was my addictions that left me so negative or my negativity that left me with addictions?
Like i said…some days are high…then there’s these lows.

Vented.

4 Likes

Cheers well I do get into exercise big time when I motivate myself and I’m on day 2 of being sober and feel calm in my mind and thoughts I am writing a small list of goals down and writing down a list of hobbies to fill in my boredom time thanks everyone for your advice and guidance

2 Likes

OMG. I’m so freaking tired! I’m wishing that I would have never stayed up to finish watching that Olympic boxing match…

I feel you man. I’ve been kind of depressed hitting that alcohol reset button every day for a wk now. Here’s to 4 hours

1 Like

Bloody hell did ten days without and had a bit of a binge 2 days ago. Now at 2 days 8 hours… it pisses me off how available booze is. Trying to not be to hard on myself. Seriously thinking of finding an AA meeting locally however worried about the religious component have a therapy appointment next week so thats a start. Having a bad day i guess, but want I want to kick this evil. Going to go for a long walk later and maybe try to centre myself… pushing forward and back on the horse…

4 Likes

I hit the reset button today don’t feel bad. Failure is when we just stop bothering to try anymore

2 Likes

Going through a break up myself. Been feeling lost and depressed all day today. Worst part is I work with her so I have to see her everyday. Hit the reset yesterday. It sucks but we can get thru this.

2 Likes

Thank you @Ash @Tyler_Neal_Carlson addiction is such a shitty thing. I think the hardest thing to deal with is the people around me who don’t get it… today is a new day!!! So move on and move up… sending positive vibes your way… :smiley:

1 Like

Availability is a bitch! Luckily here in Norway we have a monopolized alcohol policy. It really restricts the possibility for abuse. Although when you’re an addict you’ll find ways. Also it’s really expensive here. I’ve lived a lot in England and remember just going to Asda and getting booze for next to nothing. Good luck in therapy, hopefully you’ll get a good one who can really help you! And I suggest reading other posts here that talk about how you can attend AA and still come away with something (without the God stuff)

1 Like

Thanks @Fubar84 I am doing pretty well really. Being to hard on myself for having a bottle of wine (nearly three days ago) so all good feeling strong empowered and ready to kick this bitch (booze) Australia probably has one of the most out of control drinking cutures, especially in Queensland where I am. I think the heat goes hand and hand with booze. Alcohol in my view is the worst to have issues with. So glad my problem is binge drinking and not full blown alcoholism. Still a trial to kick and give the boot all the same though. Thanks for your words of encouragement… :smiley:

1 Like

Mental health. Ugh. 13 years of feeling like a guinea pig with all the medication changes. I found out I had been misdiagnosed, no wonder the meds weren’t working! I’m so mad that pot is not legal in my state because it helps me more than the medication does. But no, they’d rather put me on stuff like Lithium and Xanax and all this other crap that has horrible side effects. I would only occasionally smoke recreationally, but generally I would only use it for my three main issues: anxiety/panic attacks, no appetite, and not being able to sleep. It is 4:00 am here and I still haven’t fallen asleep. I have been put on probation, because of my drinking problem, so instead of smoking, I have to take my Xanax. The maximum dose I was prescribed began to not work, so they upped my dosage. I’m sick of this. Okay, sorry for the novel, rant over.

Hi did the same the other day, and found I was writing some pretty out there goals (bridge climbing (there are two you can do in OZ), abseiling, canoeing on the river - these are all out of my comfort zone) but I feel that by having goals I can focus my energy more on not binge drinking when I am stressed or bored (my two triggers). You sound like your are ready for it so great… Hope you do well… Have a good one!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hit the stupid reset button. Was playing no man’s sky on the PS4 and decided to binge drink. :cry: :cry: :cry: I feel like I should do some meetings but I’m total introvert and hate being around people.

I’ve tried to make my list pretty attainable. Picking up a guitar after work today. This is going to be fun because I know I’m not a patient man so hopefully this will help me learn to put the work in.

1 Like

@DrunkenMaster

Not too big on meetings myself, like you im introverted and deal with social anxieties so meetings arent really my answer.
Don’t be so hard on yourself in a negative way, all you can do is learn from it and use that knowledge for the next weak moment.
Do you have anyone you trust that you can talk to in those moments?

1 Like

@Tyler_Neal_Carlson

Funny you mention guitar.
I couldn’t play for shit when i was drunk…id get so aggravated i can’t count how many times i threw it across the room blaming it when it was my fault the whole time!

Yeah its going to be rough cause my middle finger tendon keeps balling up in my left hand. Hopefully guitar will help with this