Vent here as needed

@Ash your doing real well. Keep it up !!! Your doing yourself proud…

1 Like

Thank you very much for your encouragement. Everyday is a new day and I’m not failing until I wake up and stop trying.

1 Like

My pleasure!!! Way to go!!! You are so right!!!

@Nutrock
I’m glad the dealer was out and the only regret you have is experiencing the power of our manipulative nature!
All we can do is learn from that and use that towards our next weak moment…
@Ash
Your going to do just fine, the struggle is real but so is your will power and your want to fight!

Stay strong…stay sober!

2 Likes

Day 4 here and sleep has really been eluding me. Plus whenever I do sleep it’s vivid messed up dreams of my ex. Shit is really messing with my head. But staying sober is my only option to really figure out who I am. Stay strong people!

1 Like

@Tyler_Neal_Carlson

Stay strong…it will pass, believe me!
I never used to dream because i always blacked out drunk but the first few weeks of being sober i hated going to sleep…wicked, wicked dreams of things i can’t even explain!
I think it was my mind dealing with things i shoved under the rug for years all coming back to me at once…but it passed and now i sleep like a baby!

Once again argument with the wife has me wanting to buy a 6 pack to crush tonight. We fight about the stupidest things and she gets me to feel like the freaking world is ending over it. Apparently if I’m hanging out with my two older boys watching t.v. and talking about the show we are watching it’s not being a productive enough parent. She came in the living room and made a big fuss about it. It rained today so we don’t have any football to go to…she’s watching her phone and letting the 2 year old chew on freaking paperback books…I told her to read it or interact with her in some way because when she’s just sitting there it’s lazy parenting. Her response was go to hell. When she leaves the room both boys are like…wow that was stupid…

Any replacement wife’s out there? (Kidding I’m venting)

@DrunkenMaster I hear you, I used to be the same way every time I had an argument with my husband I would want to drink. (Most of the time I did) Which would end up worst. I’ve learned that being married/relationship there will be times of arguments, sometimes over really dumb things. So instead of drinking, I’ve learned to pick & choose my battles & do something productive to keep my mind busy. Arguments are inedible and I refuse to sabotage my sobriety over my husband as much as I love him! Hope you find the strenght to stay strong! :smile::smile::smile: You can do it! :muscle::muscle::muscle::+1::+1::+1::v::v:

1 Like

Dear Vent,
I’m so tired of doing it all. I’m divorced with 2 teenagers. Boy lives with me and the girl lives with her mama. Finances are always an issue. Keeping up with the house. Work 2 jobs. Feel like i don’t do enough for my kids…

Things could be so much worse and i am blessed in many ways. Just saying things that weigh heavily on me.
3 days sober. Boo ya! :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks. Trying hard by catching up on Olympics. I thought Judo would be the appropriate sport for tonight. I appreciate the encouragement. It’s too late to go to the liquor store now so I think I made it…

2 Likes

Awesome work on 3 days brother. Keep it going.

Breathe @Oliverjava breathe!
Family can be stupid sometimes and no one can hurt us quite like family but sometimes all toy can do is breathe and try to move past it.
I got into it with my sister a few days ago and when she couldn’t piss me off she immediately went to “go have another beer rikk” in which i responded "i quit almost 2 months ago…have a nice day😀"
Sometimes we have to kill em with kindness because their whole motive is looking for a fight.

5 Likes

I got into it with my sister too last night… Family can definetly be a trigger at times! @Rikk Nice response, I’m proud of you! :clap::smile::clap:

3 Likes

Hitting up a wedding tomorrow and it will be tough not drinking. It’s a wedding where a female family member just came out and shared she liked to play bumper cars…do the scissors dance…ya know…so yeah this wedding might be a tough one a little more so than a standard wedding.

Nice one mate keep strong

You’re doing more than most mate

I find in my experience family are my biggest triggers. However I no longer let them push my buttons. I have had to cut off some family but it is the decision I have had to make to stay clean (booze free) sometimes we all need to make these sacrifices to grow and fly… sky is the limit… :grin:

Crapola.

@Oliverjava Sounds to me that you are doing all you can. Do you need to be on your knees forever ? Sounds to me like he is enjoying punishing you and enjoys having that bit of control. I would concentrate on building a better relationship with everyone but him. Even if he accepted yet again another apology would he mean it ?

1 Like

Also any decent person would be encouraging your sobriety and trying to make amends for past issues. Family is the worst sometimes…

1 Like