What to drink instead of alcohol

Water. Teas and coffee. I don’t want anything to imitate or remind me of alcohol.

1 Like

I have a hard time finding drinks too. I had gastric bypass surgery so I can’t handle carbonation or sugar. Once in a while I’ll allow myself a ginger ale but I almost always vomit. I’ve taken to muddling fruits and herbs into my water. It’s something, right? :grin:

1 Like

early on, GT’s synergy kombucha.
now, just a few flavors of LaCroix

I love, like mentioned before I guess :joy:, herbal tea and actually almost all kinds off tea. For special occasions I like ginger beer or my favorit mix cherry juice with a bit of banana juice :wink:

1 Like

Sugar free red bull!

Coffee, coffee, coffee, flavoured club sodas, herbal teas galore, low cal cranberry juice with Stevia and an occasional diet cola.

There’s lots of great ideas here:

2 Likes

i like a simple carbonated water. i’m more of a food person. if i eat/have a fully belly i loose the desire to drink.

Virgin ceasers. I like the process of all the ingredients and the taste. But coffee tea water monsters are my go to

Just found my new favourite drink. Cranberry juice mixed with tonic water. That’s amazingly refreshing and delicious :smiley:

5 Likes

0 calories drink or just water with bubbles. I don’t know how you call it in english… bubble water? Water soda? Anyway… or just tea/ iced tea with lemon, strong black coffee.

1 Like

Some also has trace amounts of alcohol too

Where I’m from ( Northeast U.S.) we call it soda ( carbonated and flavored), and seltzer or club soda ( plain). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dirty Chai Expresso Tea is awesome ! Can’t find it in any stores anymore though :frowning:

3 Likes

I’ve heard of club soda but thought that was something flavored lol. Thanks :grin:

That sounds good! I really like the chai tea latte (hot) from Starbucks too

It’s Expresso, and Chai tea. The best combo. Sooo good. I’m going to have to order it.

1 Like

:heart_eyes: I’m definitely going to try one

Ok. It’s not a drink and not to be recommended but when I’m out in those social situations where everyone else is necking beers and the thought of another diet coke drives me crazy I smoke a cigarette. Here’s the wierd thing. Before I quit drinking I didn’t smoke. I don’t much like it, I’m not sure I’m doing it right I can only smoke the mildest of cigarettes and I probably smoke 2 or 3 a month because these situations don’t happen too often. But some part of my brain is telling me I should be doing something ‘naughty’ because everyone else around me is. I know one beer will lead to 15 so I figure 1 or 2 cigarettes is the lesser of two evils.

I know, that’s why I only drink kombucha from one brand that has 0,0% alcohol :wink:

1 Like

Ginger beer. It has a kick that reminds me of drinking bourbon. Not in a trigger kind of way, more in a satisfying kind of way.

I also quite enjoy a “Moscato Mule” which is NA Moscato + ginger beer + lime. A lot of people here are against NA drinks, but it doesn’t trigger me and it can’t get me drunk isn’t too hard on my liver, so I’m good with it.

1 Like