1.5 Days and feeling lost

I’m 54 and have been drinking almost daily for 25 years. Not always a lot sometimes just one or two glasses of wine but it has become such a habit. When I’m bored, sad, lonely, happy, celebrating. So as I sit here wanted to have a glass I’m looking for tips on how to do this

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum! I’m glad you’re making this choice! Read through the posts here, many wise and caring people to help.

3 Likes

Welcome! Coming here is a great first step. Be active here, it really helps…there are a lot of threads here with great advice.

3 Likes

Maybe try a meeting people there will have been were you are now wish you well

2 Likes

I’m really new to sobriety as well. Just about where you are as well. I’ve drank i severely heavy for the past few years and I am now trying to quit while my kids are still fairly young. I feel at a loss as well, I’m a day and half sober and it is flipping difficult so far. What I have been trying to do so far is try to keep myself busy when I feel like I may want a drink. So right now I have been cleaning more just to get my mind off of it…

3 Likes

Me too!! Cleaning and decluttering just trying to keep busy.

My motivation is to feel better, have more energy and better health and sleep. Also to be a better role model for my adult children

1 Like

Thanks. I feel like it’s time to take this more seriously and find like minded people

2 Likes

Visualize yourself posting a milestone you’d be proud of. Maybe start with a two week milestone goal. When you get there, bump it up. Keep reaching forward. Xo

3 Likes

Thanks Heddy, yes it makes sense

1 Like

Checking in daily to maintain focus #39

You’re welcome to join this daily active tread.
We check in daily to start and end our days sober and share our wins and struggles.
See you there? :raising_hand_woman:

2 Likes