1 day ... tried so many times

I am one day working on my second day from alcohol … it has taken so many things from my life , including my fiancé of 4 years … time away from my kids … abusing alcohol and not being mentally there for them are the main reasons I want and HAVE to get sober … because I want to … because I want to be clear minded … I want to rid this toxicity from my mind and soul … it has taken so much of me … now it’s times to take my life back … one minute and day at a time …the longest I have had clean is 46 days since I was 16… I’m now 34 and have teenage boys … where does the time go?!? Down the toilet if I continue to let the bottle keep its grasp and hold on my life …

6 Likes

We all have to start somewhere I think most of us can relate to your story we all have seen the negative effects of alcohol in our lives but I guess if we realy want to change then change isn’t impossible,welcome to the community.

1 Like

Welcome! A sober life is a life worth living. What have you done in the past to maintain your sobriety? What has worked, what hasn’t?

Hi, welcome! Well done on deciding enough is enough! This is the best first step you will ever take! I’m so glad that you found this place. There is so much support and knowledge here, lean on us! One minute at a time, just don’t drink today. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

I am day 1 again. I am 54 and sick of GUILT! I JUST CANT DO THIS ANYMORE. I actually feel so calm right now.

2 Likes

Welcome here. You are not alone in this.

There is a thread which as far as i know was created for people supporting each other in the first days together.

Marching Towards Sobriety

1 Like

Welcome!! I’m 35 and a mum of a 2 boys too!! Tried many times to quit but this time has to be the last!! Your in the right place xx

2 Likes

I sense the chaos in your life at the moment.

In order to reach the calm clear waters I needed to enter into the chaos of sobriety. Changing the way I think and operate WAS chaos for at least the first 45 days.

1 Like

Well thank you for all your support … I was doing AA online 24/7 group … I have written my goals down , why I want this so bad and the things that alcohol has taken from me , to motivate me to stay sober today … and I will continue my fight … the best part about me being sober later last year is that it motivated my friends just by me doing it … I live and hang around all alcoholics which is a major trigger … but what worked for me is cutting everyone off and staying focused … but my own twin brother is an alcoholic and we are both very outgoing … but I also know I influence him to be sober when I am… and when I was I realized how messed up of a person I was mentally … and how toxic alcohol made me and my fiancé … I still tell her every time we talk , the day she wants to walk into the door of a rehab I will be right next to her , but it has to be for her … we both want it … but she needs to do it for her and I will support her as a friend … but this , I am doing for myself … it has to be for me …

1 Like