1 Month Sober the Struggle is REAL..real FRUSTRATING

Hello my name is Samantha I am from the 845 NY currently residing in 904 Florida. I am 1 Month Sober today and it’s really starting to get to me. I started using 2 1/2 years ago like H was not my choice in of drug because when I was with my son’s father for 7 years 4 out of those 7 years he battled addiction with H and I hated everything about it. When we broke up I never in my life thought I’d go down the rabbit hole… until 2 years of my new relationship I was curious and was told after smoking C you should try IV of H it helps with the come down, I didn’t think it was such a good idea bcuz I was told if you use 3 days straight you’re done… well I guess you can say smoking C is the reason why I got hooked on H and than it all went down from there… I starting IVing H,C and CC. I did it everyday for the past 2 1/2 years. I stopped communication to all my family and friends and struggled to keep a relationship with my kids. I know that’s family but they’re the family I brought into this life who didn’t ask to be here or have a drug addict mother. So that’s a little story about where I was to where I am now. I never want to do H again it wasn’t my choice of drug… I just stuck with it for the come down of smoking C and IVing CC for the come down and the obvious body sickness. But C and IVing CC is where my struggle is… so please if you can give me positive feedback to keep moving forward to help me get through this hump much appreciated.

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I used Heroin for a long time. Its never pretty. I suggest getting involved in a womans support group. Get a sponsor/ mentor and get to work. Kids grow.

3 Likes

Welcome Samantha! That was a very brave share. Thank you :purple_heart: You’ve been through a lot. This community is a wonderful safe, supportive place. You will find many souls who have experiences similar to your own.

1 Like

Welcome! Glad you are here. I started with alcohol, graduated to cocaine, found heroin IV then found meth and became addicted to heroin and meth IV so I can relate. I had to go to treatment for my own personal situation because it was really bad. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with going to treatment either, I met a lot of really great women and honestly it’s where I felt the safest at that point in my life. If you aren’t open about that, then try going to in person Narcotics Anonymous meetings, find a woman sponsor and start working the steps. Recovery is possible

5 Likes

Thank you for responding

1 Like

Heroin not my choice of drug… Crack & Cocaine my problem I don’t believe I need a sponsor right now or maybe I do but I am keeping busy by working two jobs

I went to treatment 4 times my 5th time I detoxed at my friend’s house and haven’t done it anything since the day before I went to their house.

1 Like

I know I’m just saying that Herion wasn’t my choice of drug

First time here. I identify so much with what you say. I too went down the rabbit hole with crack. Dated someone who didn’t let on that she did that stuff. So after falling totally in love with her, I caught her doing it. She asked me if I wanted to try it. I could/should have left her right then, but I was hooked from that day. Now I’m not blaming her, as I could have said no. But wondering if I could stay sober and then of course thinking I could handle it one more time just frustrated me. So I know exactly what you are going through. Been to rehab 5times, but used the same day I got out. Not everyone understands the hold crack can have. Keep fighting.

1 Like

If you’ve been doing heroin every day for the last 2 years it’s kinda hard to say its not your DOC. I found that when I finally got sober it helped me immensely to admit to myself the depth and scope of my addiction. In my case I originally said that alcohol wasn’t my DOC as I wanted to leave the door open to using it in the future. Well I did go through the alcohol door after my first rehab and crippling addiction was still waiting on the other side.

2 Likes

Yes for real it’s not a physical addiction but a mental one… And to go into a slight detail about how it started…my friend offered it to me I said no I don’t want to do it and they were like come on just try it and I’m like nooooo I don’t want too but I did at the same time and ya I totally gave in and that was that…I can say I blame them but I too could of been stronger and said no but as we all do it is easier to blame someone else than take it on ourselves. And everytime I left detox I went home and used again accept this time i moved to Fl for the 5th time lol and so far 1 Month Sober yay

4 Likes

Sounds so similar to me. It’s like you think of nothing else. I was the fool who would blow all my money on it. Now I have dealers and people I smoked with trying to get in touch with me because I was spending everything I earned from work on it. So I was good for business. Please don’t be triggered by what I say.