1 Month Today! Any advice?

Today marks one month! As always this forum keeps me on track. I enjoy reading everyone’s journeys, as I battle my past memories from a different life this place has been so helpful!

Any recommendations on dealing with the flash backs?

10 Likes

Just congratulating you on your month of sobriety. Awesome work! Not sure what kind of flashbacks you’re dealing with. Hoping they’ll get less and disappear over time friend. Keep going, happy to have you aboard on the forum!

6 Likes

Congrats on 1 month! @Happyies keep an open and curious mind. Try multiple avenues to keep you clean from your addiction. Stay active here.

3 Likes

Hey @Happyies :slight_smile:

Awesome job on a month, I am only a few days ahead of you at precisely 5 weeks and 1 day :rofl:

What sort of flashbacks are you describing?

Stay strong, encouragement and blessings from Australia :kangaroo: xo

4 Likes

Welcome to the community and a great job on 1 month of sobriety.

Are your flashbacks of the drinking days (like are you romanticizing the good ol days)? or are you having traumatic flashbacks?

If you are romanticizing the days of drinking - I remember all the not so good moments. The scary black out moments, the hangovers, the health issues related to drinking …etc. I remind myself that my life is healthier now and I am in control of it.

I would seek out a therapist to discuss if the flashbacks are more in line with trauma from the past. Hopefully resolve the emotional attachment to them and find a healthier coping mechanism.

Much love to you and wish you well on this journey. Hope to see you around.

3 Likes

Just wanted to share making it to one month! Also what’s really exciting is that at this point I’m actively working on staying sober as a positive thing vs I can’t have alcohol. More as feels like a super power that I don’t waste days full of shame, regret, questions, or worries. ODAT :green_heart:

5 Likes

Congratulations on 1 month and 1 week! :tada:

3 Likes

Way to go on your 1 month of sobriety :muscle::muscle:
This is huge and you should be proud.

Keep up the good fight

3 Likes

Congrats! I Got like almost 2 weeks

2 Likes

Congrats on one month! I love the attitude of recovery as a positive thing rather than the “I can’t have alcohol “thing. It’s a welcome state of mind to be in! As for flashbacks, what Jasmine says makes sense. I don’t know how severe they are but if it’s possible to pause and breathe with an attitude of observing maybe that would help? Mindfulness Meditation, or learning to sit and observe the mind without aversion or attachment to the thoughts that come and go, this has been helpful to me in my journey. I think there’s a thread here about this topic.
Hugs, and welcome!

2 Likes