1 week done :)

8 Likes

Congratulations on your first week of freedom Pete.
Keep coming back. You’re worth. And so are those kiddos and your wonderful supportive wife.
We got your back.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Very well done! The first week can be flat out nasty. Keep it rocking!!

3 Likes

First week fucking sucks! Great job keep going :blush:

2 Likes

Well done :smiley:

1 Like

Congrats my friend! Many more to come! 4 more days till that milestone for me! I can do it!!

2 Likes

Awesome job, well done

1 Like

Yes you can. I feel day by day the weight lifting. Stay strong, stay here, get to aa… Whatever you need to do

I tell you what the community here definitely is fast at helping each other meet the goal and I love everyone for it. I’ll be on here every day for encouragement and to give it in return we’re all in it together

1 Like

I’m fast because I need to keep my mind busy. Forums, aa meetings, podcasts, audio books… Being addicted to sobriety sure beats the alternative! I recommend sober Dave podcasts if you have Spotify. I have also downloaded from audible a great book. Alcohol Explained by William Porter. If you have the head for it, it really does explain a lot. Based on my 7 days so far, best advice I can offer is busy busy busy. Don’t leave ur self a minute! Immerse yourself in something. For me it’s sobriety - aa, this forum, podcasts etc. But whatever works for you. Clear your loft, revamp your garden, join a gym, start baking… But whatever, keep support in your life and if you wobble, shout help!

1 Like

I’m definitely immersed in being sober I’m loving the feeling so far! I keep busy with this forum throughout the day. It is definitely an uplifting place to be. At home I’ve really liked spending time with my wife and doing things together and cleaning and just helping with things. Things I’d actually be missing with time just passing by when I wasn’t sober. I’m also planning on joining a gym soon to maybe get more fit. I’m not too unfit but I wanna feel and look better!

1 Like

Hey Pete.
I was listening to this on my 3 mile walk today after checking in here. I’ve never heard of this guy before. But it said he was funny. Listening to speakers that can laugh about our addictions help me a lot.

Check it out if you willing. It’s about an hour long. He’s hilarious and he does get a pretty interesting message out there I thought.
ODAAT

@Tryinghard1