1 week soberrrrrr

Last Sunday on father’s day i had a seizure. I’ve never had one before and it happened in front of my whole family. I’ve been a closet alcoholic for about 8 years and the last couple years I’ve been getting worse and worse. I know it’s happening but I can’t control my want for it. That was until last Sunday, I stayed in the hospital 2 nights and boy what a wake up call. I haven’t had a sip of liquor since and joined this group because I could use some encouragement. Sorry for the long post, thanks to those of you that read till the end.

Cody

19 Likes

Welcome! And congratulations! Very good job! One week is very good!
I wish you all the best on your continued journey!

1 Like

Welcome @Cody_Romine. I have found this forum to be great and a good inspiration I read as much as I can every day, there’s a thread for everything. Congratulations on a week :grin::+1::blush::1st_place_medal::smile::trophy:

Congratulations with your week sober, awesome Cody! :tada:
Hope to see you around often, it helps to read and write here. Do you have help at home in your recouvery?

1 Like

Yes, my family and friends are all being very supportive

1 Like

Welcome, this is a great first step!

Congratulations on making the decision Cody. The seizure sounds very scary for yourself and your family. It’s great you’re here.

1 Like

That must have been really scary - sorry to hear you went through that. So glad you are on here now and that you have managed a whole week. Keep reading all the encouraging posts on the forum - there is always someone that can help or give you words of advice when most needed. x

Sorry that happened to you,especially on fathers day,Fathers day was my last drink also.best of luck on your journey,there is a lot of knowledge in this group so if you are struggling just ask :slight_smile:

Hi Cody and welcome to the forum.

A week is a long time if you’ve been a closet alcoholic, I know how hard it is to live that lifestyle and the damage that the isolation can cause.

I too had seizures, (6 in one day) they are really scary. I went out and kept using though because the hospital treated me like a stupid drug addict and didn’t really look after me. Since then I cut down slowly and haven’t had a seizure since, but have still had to give everything up.

It’s hard to know where or who to turn to at times like this. Alcohol was my best friend. I realise now it’s my worst enemy. It makes a fool out of me, and im pretty foolish at times to begin with, so there’s no need to double my stupidity by putting alcohol in my system.

I look forward to hearing more from you and wish you all the best for your recovery. Remember to post here before you pick up a drink or drug - for any reason at all.

well done on 1 week maybe try a AA meeting or smart meet new friends wish you well

Congratulations on your 1 week … hope u r feeling better. Aa is a great way to get and stay soba… i owe my life to the programme x good luck x