1 year sober 365 days

On Saturday 20th March I became 1 year sober. Becoming sober would not off been possible without the support of a counseller who I spoke with once per week and the support, love and encouragement from my family who continously wanted me to become sober. I want to make this clear as I know there is thousands out there in a similar position, but my alcohol issue wasn’t addiction but instead binge drinking. Binge drinking is so common particularly in younger males and females. I have been at rock bottom with it, I have hated myself, I’ve cried, I’ve fought, I’ve been in police trouble. Alcohol changed me as a person, I cannot control it and I never will be able too. It ruined my personality, it deflated my mood, it caused argument upon argument. 1 year ago I thought fuck this, alcohol will not continue to do this to me so I seemed help through a counseller and spoke with her once per week. I always maintain that anyone can change if they really want too, however some people say they want to change but they don’t, but that’s because they don’t really want too. I was always the one stumbling about the pub embarrassing myself in front of family and friends, drinking beyond oblivion but going out with good intentions and hoping I didn’t end up drunk. Every single weekend I done this and every single Sunday I was riddled with fear and anxiety and guilt. I cried every Sunday because I was putting myself through this but couldn’t stop. Until now. I feel more confident and more in control now. I’m urging anyone reading this to contact me for any moral support. I’m 365 days sober and couldn’t be happier. :+1::grin:

30 Likes

Congratulations one your one year of sobriety. :boom::boom::boom:That’s great.
:pray:t2::heart:

Congratulations on 1 year!

Congratulations on your 1 Year, amigo!

Congrats on 1 year, it’s a great start to building a much better life!

:raised_hands:t3: Amazing

congratulation. Great work is done by a great person.

Thanks so much guys, excuse my wording it’s not the best!

1 Like

Hello verry good don, respect for jou.sorry i’am vlamisch. My englich is not verry good :joy:. gefeliciteerd

2 Likes

Good job!!!

у тебя все отлично

Sounds exactly like me, but without the year of sobriety. Hopefully I can get there. Proud of you and keep it going.

Congrats on your year! Around here that’s ice cream party time :ice_cream:

As another former binge drinker I can relate to that cycle you describe, and how good it feels to be free of it. While we may not have had the same physical dependency/ withdrawal process to go through, staying quit and undoing those destructive patterns is a real challenge. I didn’t realise how much alcohol had infiltrated so many more aspects of my life until I stopped.

Welcome to the forum! More info and useful links here >> Welcome to the forum! 2021 edition :)