1 Year Sober Today, not done

I have made it to one year of sobriety today. I feel good. Things are definitely better. I still have struggles with depression and anxiety. Anger is still there. These things are normal. I know there are things that are part of me and being human. Not drinking and drugging helped me realize this. I don’t prescribe to all the “experts” and what they tell me I should do. I own my recovery and they don’t. Once I realized its not some “sponsor” or “program” holding court over me, I became free and at peace. For me, i take what helps me and discard the rest. No one program is superior. Those same programs take the credit when someone stays sober but blame the individual if they relapse. My eyes are open and I thank those who support me. Looking forward to many more sober and fun years! Thanks for reading.

44 Likes

Congratulations on your year!! And finding what works for you as an individual!! Sobriety doesn’t solve our problems, but it does allow us the space and clarity to work on being the best version of our selves, and fill us with self love, self respect and self confidence…as well as compassion for our selves and other humans. All good things!! :+1:

8 Likes

Well said and I agree! Congratulations!!! I’ll be a year next month

5 Likes

Big congrats Juan! A full year is a wonderful achievement. We’re on our own roads but here we do it together and that’s the beauty of this place. Sharing our achievements, our struggles and our successes. As well as supporting one another. Congrats again and I hope you celebrate today for it’s well earned!

4 Likes

Congratulations on 1 year!! :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Congrats on a whole year!! @Juan23

2 Likes

Congratulations on making it to a year. Great achievement :+1:

2 Likes

IMG_1703

4 Likes

Thank you all for the kind words and support! I know there will be rough times ahead when i least expect it but also beautiful times. Hope the best for everyone on our journeys!

5 Likes

Congratulations on 1 year! Well said!

2 Likes

BIG congratulations on your 1 year. :heart::heart::heart: I’m so PROUD of you!!

1 Like

Well done keep us posted on your sober journey wish you well

1 Like

Congrats to you!!!

1 Like

Congrats on 1 year sober!

1 Like

Congrats for one year of sobriety!

1 Like

Congrats on your 1 year of sobriety! There is no one path to sobriety but our end goals are all the same - well done on finding what works for you!
good-job-great-work

1 Like

That’s a big deal! Yayy!

1 Like

Congratulations in reference to your sobriety. Your self awareness is definitely a big deal. Again, congratulations.

1 Like