10 days sober from cocaine :DDD

Been sober from cocaine for about 10 days or so (I haven’t really been counting the days, but its 10 or more days sober now for sure)! I think that last time I used was truly THE last time.

I was heavily addicted to this substance. I’d use roughly 1.5-2.5g every day at the peak of my addiction. Was in the addiction for 3 years or so. Last time I used, I went through an entire 3.5g in less than 24 hours.

What’s been motivating me to quit is: nearly every time I’d use cocaine, I would literally spend the whole time being alone, worrying about how I’m addicted, hating myself for doing coke, jerking off, and basically doing a line → stare at the coke plate doing nothing waiting until it’s safe to do another line → stare at the plate some more → do another line, for an entire 24 hours… Eventually this happened so many times to me that I think I finally decided that enough is enough and it was time to put down the drug. Every time I start craving the drug I just remind myself of how much it sucked to be on cocaine and how I no longer enjoyed it at all, if I ever even really enjoyed it at all.

The first few days, I kept craving it really badly and my mind would somehow relate everything that even remotely reminds me of cocaine. For example, I’d look at a fucking tissue box and think some dumb shit like “oh that looks like a brick of cocaine” lol. Or I’d see styrofoam and think “that looks like some rocked up cocaine!” I REALLY hated how much I’d obsess over coke. I feel like a lot of that obsession over cocaine is starting to disappear and I’m feeling a little more normal now. Although the cocaine I can tell is still in the back of my mind, but I’m staying strong! :slight_smile:

To anyone struggling with cocaine addiction, you can do this! I’ve been beaten down by this addiction so many times. The amount of times that I tried to seriously quit goes into the double-digits for sure. I eventually started to believe that I could NEVER quit. But I never gave up. I think this time is THE attempt and it’s gonna be the successful one!

11 Likes

Hi Eric! Welcome home! Lol…just keep pushing those days forward. The good news is cocaine is not physically addictive mostly as you described its all psychological. If you are 10 days in the worst is over. The question is what is your plan to stay clean. I would offer some suggestions if you would like…it’s good to see you reaching out and giving it another go at abstinence/sobriety. We are here to cheer you on. :hugs:

1 Like

Great job -it is like all the other substances heavy to make the first step and 10 days are a really good start.
I had a great problem with coke in my mid 20ies and thought like you, at the end it turns in a long term alcohol addiction so I also thought I could never quit.
I think you are in a good company here-many stories and helpful information for the own reflection and understanding-stay sober and go on.greetings from Germany Corinna

1 Like

Im atruggling with cociane addiction. I have tried to quit for yearsss. I had to learn my triggars. Im still trying to stay clean i ralapse New years and i didnt like the way i felt. I felt bad and it makes me drink so heavy. Everyday i try and im not going to stop trying. Your not alone

2 Likes

Youre doing great and that fixation on cocaine will go away with time. Its very common for people to obsess over their DOC after quitting. Keep your mind busy and dont go back my friend. Nothing is worth going back. You only have to go through this process of getting clean once if no matter what u dont use again. Id suggest to go to NA meetings as much as possible. NA is a godsend for addicts and theres a reason its still around after all this time.

1 Like

This is something that was useful to me, so I can relate. I would try to bring up all the emotions of disappointment I’d feel when it wasn’t good at all to remind me of what was waiting for me if I gave in.

Great work on your ten days and welcome to the community. I hope this forum can help you in your sobriety journey. Jump in to any thread that looks interesting to you!

1 Like