10 years sober!

Today is my 10 year Anniversary! If I can do it, anyone can! I would like to say it’s been a smooth road, but I would be lying. In fact, I have been through more things physically and emotionally in my Sobriety than when I was drinking. About 6 surgeries, got married, and moved about 6 times! But I did it all sober! I’m so grateful for the program of AA, God, (my Higher Power , and my friends and family. I hope this helps someone.

35 Likes

That is awesome!!! Congrats! Keep coming back

Congrats @Susie_Best55. It’s nice to have "old timer " sobriety among us. How did you do it? :wink:

1 Like

Great Job @Susie_Best55 great job 10 years way to go !!! 🖒🖒🖒🖒🤗

Wow! Congratulations awesome job

Wow what a milestone!!! 18 days into my sobreity that seems a lifetime away but so so glad to hear from people like yourself that it is possible!!! Thanks for sharing! Definitely inspirational! Hope to hear what daily life/thoughts/cravings/obstacles are like at this stage for you!

1 Like

@Susie_Best55. Wow that’s living! Congratulations. I hope you have something planned to celebrate this milestone.

1 Like

5 months sober here and you are a huge inspiration to me being a strong woman in recovery refraining from drinking no matter what! thank you for the motivation and a huge congratulations!!! :heart:

How did I do it? Just one day at a time. I also begin each day with the Serenity Prayer, and end each night with prayer.

4 Likes

Wow, that’s amazing! Congratulations! :two_hearts:

Sky✨

Congratulations! What an amazing feat.

congratulations that is terrific! :smile:

I haven’t had any cravings for alcohol in awhile, but I still have "fleeting thoughts "of taking a drink sometimes, but I have learned to think the drink through, which stops me from taking that first drink. You see the last time I got drunk, my daughter, (who was only about 5 years old at the time), got hurt. That was the last straw for me. I had hit my emotional bottom. I hope this has helped someone.

3 Likes

@Susie_Best55 you are inspiration. 10 years sober, if I could do it, I am sure I will change the status of life and family. Thank God I have great family and career and want to maintain that way. Thanks for sharing your experience. I am also into prayers everyday twice and do meditation. That really helps to maintain my focus and living one day at a time. God bless all of us.

2 Likes

That is amazing. Gives me hope to take life as it comes, drinking only makes things worse. Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Waaah that’s great, congrats!!!:balloon::balloon::balloon:

just read your share Susie what a great achievment 10 years , AA saved my life to way back im sober prob before most of the nice people here were born lol but its only a day at a time everyone have a great day