100 Day Challenge - Failed

No. Yóu are as explained a few times above.
And as @Mno allready replied, I as well try to keep in mind this is your road, your approach. And your denial.
And it’s not up to me to judge you on that.

Maybe one day, when you’re at the point so many of have gotten before getting sober, we’ll talk again about where to go from here.

Untill then, at least have the decency to pretend you understand your attitude in this matter is insulting, disrespectful and painful to others.

4 Likes

Hi.

Yes, you did not moderate.

My point about moderation was what I read about your post. For me, if I said I was going to not drink for 100 days, I would be trying to moderate my drinking. That doesn’t/didn’t work for me.

2 Likes

Yes of course, its a mental thing. I have to change the mindset from “im not allowed to drink” to “im allowed to drink, but i don’t won’t this poison in my body”. Im working on it. But its hard. For those who are thinking im fooling around ( @Mno @Matt), no its just my way to deal with the situation and yeah, im a ironic person and i know not every one likes that. But this is really not my problem, sorry

Dont underrate yourself, this is great streak. A couple of years ago, i read that only 10 of 100 people with alcoholproblems searching for help and only one of these 10 gets sober for more than year. You can be proud of yourself👍

1 Like

@ThePower I wanted to provide some perspective from someone who has previously relapsed and seen your post. It took me months to be able to engage again with this forum as I was ashamed that I’d failed.

The trigger for my relapse was a significant life changing event (my dad being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and being told he has less than 5 years to live). I’m not saying one persons reason for a relapse is more important than another’s, but trivialising a relapse is poor form mate.

The lack of emotional intelligence being displayed by your responses throughout this thread is disappointing. Statements like ‘its just my way to deal with the situation and yeah, im a ironic person and i know not every one likes that. But this is really not my problem, sorry’ are a bit misguided. The way we behave as individuals and what impact we have are our problem. Take ownership for your actions and please don’t take the piss.

7 Likes

You didnt fail. You made it 46 days without alcohol and your body thanks you for it! You also learned triggers and what you have to avoid in the future. Just because you didnt make it to 100 days doesnt mean those 46 were for nothing :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey ray, i knew you will find the way, how do you do?

No defence? No, my defence is not soo bad and gets better. But a new, better Goalkeeper would be helpful. Im searching…:slightly_smiling_face:

Btw 45 days was my second best streak ever and the best this year. Looking forward on my next attempt.

1 Like

Hi there nikki

Yes of course, youre right. Those 45 days off the booze (drank at Day 46, so its only 45🤪)showed me how much better the life is without that stuff, i felt great and yes, the body was thankful for this break. Because of this, i already started a new streak. Hope this time i can reach the triple digits. Lets go🙂

2 Likes

Against my better judgment I went back through some of your older posts.

This one seems to be much of the same so I am starting to regret getting involved.

That said, I don’t want to assume what you are trying to accomplish today so I am going to suggest you use the search bar and type in “resources”.

I believe you will find all the answers you seem to be searching for in the topics you start.

Everyone on this site only wants you to succeed in sobriety.

I hope you can find whatever you are looking for here or elsewhere that allows you to accomplish that.

Good luck.

11 Likes

And i start to regret that i came here. Just hoped that my posting could be helpful to others who are struggeling at the moment. And ok, i admit it, hoped for some warm words because i feel shitty today. Some of your posts are helpful, but some are very rough and disrespectful. Thats a pitty, im a bit dissapointed

1 Like

Any idea on what you will do, what you will change to be one of those success stories?

5 Likes

Hey James

Ok, maybe it was a bit a rough statement. But its impossible to please everybody.

Im sorry about the illness of your dad, i feel you, i lost my father years ago because of cancer. I just hope you can spend some with him and wish you all the best (and a medical miracle).

2 Likes

Not everyone follows the same process or path. Some people will find your process off putting, just as you may find someone else’s process off putting.

It has always seemed to me that you are very open about following your own path and open to sharing it on here. That is your choice. We don’t always like what others will advise, especially if we aren’t actively asking for advice. Oftentimes we just come to vent and want others to listen. I see that a lot in your posts.

In my experience, no amount of advice or question posing gets us to where we are headed vs our own process / journey / figuring out what works or doesn’t. Someone with great success can offer what worked for them, and we still need to work thru our own process of getting there. We can hear what others offer or suggest, it is still our choice to do with that what we will.

And yes, it can be Frustrating (cap F) to be a passenger on someone else’s journey. Shouting do this, do that, your path is not working! When that happen to me, I like to get off the ride and scroll on by … remembering what is within my control.

Sorry you are feeling discouraged.

12 Likes

Actually, im One of these Ten. What i will do? Starting new, from today. Just stand up, straighten the hat, go on🙂

1 Like

Hopefully your find the right path someday

4 Likes

Thank you. I really appreciate your response. Sorry to hear about your father.

Good luck on the next step of your journey.

4 Likes

I don’t know you and I know everyone comes across different in text so I don’t have any judgments but you do seem rather nonchalant about a relapse. Anywho

I think when you want it more you’ll be more successful

when you take more personal responsibility you will be more successful

when you have more humility you will be more successful

until then you will probably struggle like all of us did till we gained those skills.

I wish you well and I hope these past 45 days have given you enough positive aspects of your life where you can see the benefits of living an alcohol-free life. Maybe you’re not an alcoholic or drug addict like I am and you don’t need to be in the same boat of urgency but if your goal is to be sober there’s a lot of work and personal accountability that looks like needs to happen first.

I don’t mean to insult you at all brother I truly want to help you become sober because it is that important to me. Take care. #OneLove

11 Likes

Good News: My buddy gives me a second chance and supports me (he is dry since almost 3 Years). He thinks i will make 80 days. Im really motivated again😃

1 Like

Perhaps the motivation is wrong.

Are you not worried that you can’t simply choose to not drink? That when you “have just one beer,” it becomes several more and a bottle of vodka? This bet is demonstrating something scary.

This sounds like the profound denial we all find ourselves in until we finally give up.

My experience is it was hard to admit I just can’t drink normally. But once I did, life was much simpler and I was much healthier.

5 Likes

Hell yes, i saw them, there was a huge difference. After Day 20, i felt so great and my stamina was incredible good. Funfact: I did the same training, ones at Day 3 and ones at day 30. The first time i was complety depleated, the second time the same training went very easy…Really crazy. And scary.

2 Likes