Update: I finally hit 1 year! ☺️ / Update: next 100 in a row! / 100 days, 83% success rate? 🙄

Three weeks done! Let’s go!

5 Likes

Hi
Just wanted to chime here with a congrats! But also, you have to make your journey work for you. If you are not struggling with cravings, you feel a decreasing desire to drink, and feel good about where you are physically and mentally, then 83 sober days out of 100 sounds like a success to me. Only YOU can measure success or failure. If this works for you, amazing! But be wary of doing something for other people or because of pressure from people who do things differently from you. The only people this has to work for is you and the people around me. If other peoples way works for them, thats amazing too! Sobriety and journeys with alcohol are not one size fits all, no matter what the mainstream thinking is. I wish you luck for your 100 days and beyond!

3 Likes

Thank you, your words hit the center of my thoughts. Yes, follow our singular way but also stay open to positive influences and suggestions from who have been in the path before.

2 Likes

Hey guys, I’m having some positive results! My energy is at :top:, you were right to say complete abstinence is way better! Let’s go on

12 Likes

Things are becoming serious now. This challenge seems to work on me since I’ve reached Day 65 of 100 without having a drop of alcohol and gaining a lot of benefits. Main benefits: greater energy from morning till night, sane relationships, more productive at work, my whole digestion system is working much better, sexuality arises, mindfulness. Is it enough to keep on. :muscle:

9 Likes

This is great news, I’m glad you’re doing well and enjoying the challenge! :slightly_smiling_face:

You should join us in the 100 day challenge thread. It’s where we post up our updated cards :+1:

1 Like

This is fantastic and I can relate! I also felt a lot better and happier quickly when I got sober.

However, there is a reason benefit-based sobriety does not work long term. Life will happen. Shit will happen. Mental or physical illness may happen. Breakups, job loss, pet dying…
When the benefits are no longer shining brightly or you have a period of trouble in your life - will sobriety also go away?

Life on life’s terms, as they say in the rooms.

You have made a great start. Base your sobriety on working towards becoming self sufficient, content, that your needs are met. Sobriety alone will not make you happy and will not solve your problems or shortcomings. But it enables you to look after your self with full capacities, attention, sharpness of mind.

Good luck for your journey! :sparkles:

Your #1 tip for sobriety (over 2 years sober)

6 Likes

Thank you @Faugxh for your precious advise. For sure there will be strong moments and I must be prepared. I hope my renewed power inside is here to stay, but I won’t avoid difficulties, I will follow the course of things, and I won’t brake or find shortcuts.

1 Like

If I have 1 drink my life is in danger. Abstinence is the only way for me. 2 years and a few months for myself. I’m so much happier knowing that I can’t drink. Russian roulette is a game I’ve never had any interest in playing

You can’t ever get drunk if you don’t have the first drink.

2 Likes

Today I marked 4 months. I really have to thank you all the folks here who supported my path with their words and experienced suggestions. That was working on me. I’m 4 months at 100% rate now! :smiling_face::+1:

18 Likes

WOW!!! Congratulations :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Now that is wonderful news!! Thanks for sharing! Keep doing what you’re doing and come here whenever you need input or support! All the best to you!

3 Likes

Congratulations!! :confetti_ball::tada:

2 Likes

Congrats!! Keep up the hard work :muscle:

1 Like

That is really wonderful to see!! Great work!!

2 Likes

Thank everyone who supported me here, each of your words helped the journey. it was the best year ever!

15 Likes

Congratulations :tada: Great work

1 Like

That’s such good news! Congratulations on your year of sobriety! :tada::confetti_ball::clap:t2:

1 Like

Congratulations :confetti_ball: :clap:

1 Like

Congratulations :clap::tada::clap:

1 Like