100+ Days Down

Hi All,

So, I am over 100 days! In three weeks it will be the longest I’ve gone sober since I started drinking.

Just wanted to say “from this side” of the struggle (not to say that it is sorted now!) that when people write or say “it gets better”, it does. Doesn’t make the struggle in those early days any easier. The battle is real and damn it’s a tough one but the individual battles against cravings start to spread out and become less regular.

Remind yourself you are an addict. At times it can be easy to get a few weeks under your belt and say it’s worked and you are better. I’m sorry but you’re not. Keep at it. Every day.

Grateful for the time I now have with my girls. It’s unbelievable to look back at how much I prioritized drink over them. It’s a horrible disease, addiction.

Day 106. Happy and Sober.

8 Likes

Congratulations on making it past 100!! I couldn’t have said it better myself. Keep up the hard work :+1:

2 Likes

Well done mate and your spot on, it does get easier but we must never get complacent bc it’s been the ruin of me so many times. Not today though, we live and learn :+1:

1 Like

Wel done! Congratulations and welcome to the tripple digits! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Super Duper Fabulous Magnificent!!! Good job!!!

1 Like