1000 Days- it Gets Better & Easier

Once you get your roll it goes fast! My sponsor just celebrated 7 yearsand one of my sponsees celebrated 2 years. Congratulations to you too!

1 Like

Thank you. I read all your stuff!

Oh my goodness - what an incredible post to start the day!

Seeing your success was such an inspiration when I was having to count my sobriety in hours. Thank you for showing us that it is possible to live a sober life. You are such a rock star! Huge congratulations!!!

Wow congratulations! Would you say recovery is still the ground of your Daily life and developement or have you shift your focus on exploring and growing in your recovered life?

Oh thatā€™s sweet @MoCatt. I always read your posts and Iā€™m glad I can give back to you!

@Dreams Great question! Although I faced a tremendous amount of learning about myself even at the beginning of sobriety, the big learning, self reflection came once I got over the initial horrible cravings. Part of the building a new routine brought huge clarity and revealed emotions. A big reason i went into this is because I knew I was selling myself short- I wanted to try to reach my full potential. And, I work on it every day. The staying sober is no longer a struggle after the first year but I do face uncomfortable situations where a drink comes to mind, But I immediately know itā€™s a bad idea and itā€™s not gonna happen. I come to it with curiosity and recognize WHY I wanted to drink.

Thatā€™s one of the best things to me about sobriety is that I am fully awake in life now.

Did I answer your question?

1 Like

Yes you did thank you. Being awake and reaching full potential should be the main priority and it is for me right now. Im on day 17 now and still feeling ā€œasleepā€ yet sobriety really sticks this time. This is actually my biggest streak since 3 years. I too have approached my desire curiously and found out interesting stuff, often its other physical desires or the desire to being (more) social.