1000 Days of Getting Better At Getting Better

It has been 1000 days since I decided to be better, and 1000 days later, I am immeasurably better. Unsurprisingly, as I got better, life got better for me.

Does this mean my life is free of challenge, sadness, or worry? Of course not. I have my portion, same as everyone else. It’s better because I no longer compound life with self-inflicted woes that flowed with each drink, and I am much better at dealing with both that which I can impact through action, and more accepting of those things all the action in the world won’t change…and to have this, all I had to do was make a simple choice: sobriety.

To my brothers and sisters here, struggling with early sobriety: make the choice in your mind, heart, and spirit. Embrace the concept of being clean and sober, forever, and in that moment, understand that you aren’t losing anything. No, you are gaining everything, because now you are FREE! Free to become that which you were meant to be. Free to have your portion of joy and happiness. Free to build your legacy, that which remains long after your portion of days has passed.

Choose to be better, and then work to be better. Keep getting better at getting better each and every day, better today than you were yesterday, and tomorrow better still. No matter what life throws at you, if you begin and end the day sober, you ARE better…and no one can take that away from you.

47 Likes

Damn that was inspirational.

Congratulations doesn’t do it justice. Excellent work and thank you for the motivating post…glad you’re here.

4 Likes

A huge congratulations on your 1000 days @Yoda-Stevie!! Thank you for all the wisdom and support you share here on TS. I’ve said it many times before, and there’ll be many more to come, but Thank You! :pray::sparkles: Your advice has changed my life and helped me stay sober for 424 days now. Because of you, I know to say NO to the drink that matters, the first drink, and I know that each day I too am getting better at getting better. I made the choice to become a non-drinker, just like you and now I won’t drink because I don’t drink, and for that I’m so thankful!
Congrats again!! :tada::tada: So happy for you.

4 Likes

Awesome post! I’ll try to be better today then i was yesterday. What a good way to start my day. Thanks for the motivation, and congratulations on your 1000 days.

2 Likes

Great work Steve!! You are an inspiration!! Have a super day and some ice cream??

2 Likes

6pm I have a date with the Missus at Cold Stone…Coffee icecream with flakes of dark chocolate!

10 Likes

Congratulations Steve I’m so happy your here always supporting and cheering everyone along there journey x

1 Like

Congratulations Stevie and a big Thank You for your contributions here. You have made an impact in my and I am sure many people’s sobriety journeys. Wishing you all the best! :bouquet::clap::fireworks:

2 Likes

Congratulations Steve! You’re such an inspiration. Thank you for all the support you give to everyone on this forum. Ice cream is the perfect celebration. Enjoy it!!

1 Like

Super yum!!! Enjoy!!

1 Like

ac987aa6aa254d34471d884f085d6addbbf97aa7b6c05fd8326b408846d515a5.0
Thanks for being here, you are a big part of me still being here!:gift_heart:

5 Likes

5 months and 3 days.

I have ascended through many adversities and I feel the weight of your message. Your words speak lifeblood into my heart. Sobriety has brought me closer to myself in ways I never new possible. Physically, emotionally, spiritually, financially down to my relationships with people… I am free.

Thank you for your guidance.

3 Likes

Congratulations!! I always enjoy your wisdom.

1 Like

Just wow…
Beautiful to the core…

Reading this gives me that hope.

3 Likes

Blimey, 1000 days… serious wow.

1 Like

Congrats!!

1 Like

What a wonderful, thoughtful post. 1000 days is amazing. But what’s more, you pay it forward and reach out to help others along the journey you’ve traveled. It’s an honorable thing.

1 Like

congratulations and also thank you very much for your advice and support here, all very valuable…

1 Like

Congratulations! All the hard work pays off.
Similar to @emc2018 i have no words how to say thank you. You have been one of those people here that inspired me most about 600 days ago to become and stay sober. I realized the truth in your words about being FREE. Thank you very much and keep going!!

2 Likes

Well done! Glad to be able to get a glimpse into your betterment. :slight_smile: Keep rocking!

2 Likes