1000 days 🦙

Today I am 1000 days soberđź’ś
When I started this journey it was honestly only supposed to get me through my hip replacement then I planned to start drinking again. Once I got through my detox and withdrawals I loved the feeling I had and I haven’t gone back.
1000 days of being free from my addiction.
I can’t say it’s always been easy because there have definitely been many days I wanted to give it all up. I’ve lost all but one of my friends when I gave up drinking.
My whole personality has changed. I’m not the same person I was before. My mom compares me to the girl I was when I was younger. Which makes sense since I started drinking at age 12 and by 15 I was heavily drinking. I lost that girl so young and now I have found her again.

To anyone struggling please know those struggles will suck big time but the end result will be worth it. Please make sure you reach out to someone when you are feeling like you need a drink. There are so many of us in this group that have a good amount of time sober who would be willing to talk with you and check in if you need it. Myself included. :llama::purple_heart:

Today Ben is treating me to lunch to celebrate :tada: which is nice because he remembered on his own. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

38 Likes

Congrats❤️

1 Like

Amazing & Inspiring!

1 Like

Wow. Congrats and enjoy the celebration.

1 Like

Truly inspiring and amazing. I’m only on day 2 and finding it hard already but I know I got this and need this change in my life. I hope I can make 1000 days like yourself, I’ll get there. Thanks for the motivation.

1 Like

Amazing work you should be extremely proud of yourself and ben should be proud of himself for remembering,i hope that the two of you have a lovely evening, you deserve it. :slight_smile::slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats girl. Shining example to us all.

1 Like

Congrats on 1000…it doesnt surprise me he remembered, my wife can tell you how long I’ve been clean to the day.

1 Like

So happy for you Jess!! Super huge congrats on your 1,000!!! :heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart:

1 Like

WooHoo! CONGRATULATIONS

giphy (9)

2 Likes

Congrats :confetti_ball::tada:

1 Like

Your an inspiration to me thank you for sharing this :boom:

1 Like

You are an inspiration. Congratulations and thank you for sharing!!

1 Like

Congrats girl! I’m creeping up behind you…

1 Like

1000 days! That is incredible! You should be so proud of yourself and all the hard work you have done. I hope to one day get to where you are. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your celebration you absolutely deserve it!

2 Likes

Your post is inspiring and heart warming! I really relate to what your mom said about comparing you to the girl when you were younger. I am currently trying to get back to my old self “who I truly am” I lost her when I became addicted to alcohol. Now its day 6 (so early) but I feel closer to her and better. I hope to achieve what you have and congratulations on 1000 days!!! Thats amazing and you deserve to celebrate! :heart::hugs:

1 Like

Such a heartening read. Congratulations!

1 Like

Awesome accomplishment! I’m very happy for you!

1 Like

Very inspirational! You are awesome!

1 Like

Atta girl, still doing the damn thing. I always believed in you lady.

1 Like