13 lucky for some

13 Days and I’m doing good!! Reading the big book helps!
Can’t help thinking it’s going too well though and keep expecting myself to relapse - is this normal? X

4 Likes

I’ve heard it said, if you’re sober and in the “pink cloud,” you’ve earned it. Good on you for 13 days. :+1:

Still totally sensible to use those good times to sharpen your tools of sobriety. Live that life. Keep on getting better at getting better, and enjoy it!

3 Likes

When you work a good problem, it seems like the pink cloud never leaves. Just keep staying grateful and humble, and life will remain with your head in the clouds and your feet on the ground.

The more I stay in my lane, the better my life is. I just like to thank God for everything all the time. Nothing is too big, nothing is too small anymore.

1 Like

We call it “waiting for the other shoe to drop”. And yeah, it’s normal. At least it was for me.

I can tell ya that it gets better with time. Confidence grows. You grow.

Keep digging into that book. That helps. And dont give up till your miracle happens

1 Like

Contrary to what you may gather from these boards or in AA meetings, relapse is NOT inevitable. People can and do stay sober from the first. Admittedly, most, including me, don’t fit that experience but it can happen. As @Gabe.G says, keep getting into the book, even write out your thoughts on what you’ve read. And if you are sober today, sober right now, that is enough. And enough is a feast! Blessings on your house :pray:.

3 Likes

Thank you all so much for your words of advice and support - one day at a time I guess - and here’s hoping it continues :crossed_fingers: